SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Niagara Purple Eagles

AZSIOUX

The players sure still like the Sioux name. I hope they don't get in trouble with the NC$$ or the AD. :whistling:

I don't think they would, freedom of speech is still a thing right? :)

I still remember last year in the NCAAs the player's kept "accidentally" saying Sioux and smiling about it, so awesome.

I hope a majority of fans adhere to what the team and REA are trying to do with the "green out." It is really cool to see when everyone is in sync... Unfortunately you have those who don't really care about it.

I remember the white outs for Gophers series several years back and they were awesome.

Going to buy my t-shirts tonight at the Sioux shop. I like the idea of glow-in-the-dark shirts, pretty neat.

Seriously though, even if you don't buy a shirt please find something green to wear to the game. Let's get in the Purple Eagles' heads before the puck is even dropped!

@GeneralPattyn28: Bleed Green Weekend! Let's Green Out the Ralph this weekend. #Sioux

@drakecaggiula: Sioux fans were having a green out at the Ralph this weekend. Please show your support, and join the sea of green! #Siouxpride

Awesome idea! Make REA look like the Xcel Energy Center did during the 2010, 2011, and 2012 WCHA Final Fives!!

in the spirit all nickname discussion, how did they come up with purple eagles? I hope there's a story, so it makes sense and makes me look like a jerk, like something to do with eagles being American and purple hearts. Otherwise, you have to be kidding me with purple eagles.  It sounds like a team that the hero team in a Disney movie has to beat before they play they face the bad guy team with dark grey/black jerseys.

If..........and it would be a big if...but if UND loses one of these games could one say it might be one of the worst losses in the history...of history...which would be only slightly ahead of the loss to BC last January?

Simple question