SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 FCS Kick Off game

dmksioux

Wonder if ESPN is testing the waters with the Big Sky, looking for a group of schools to help fill future programming as the P5 all continue start up their own networks?  I could have swore I read somewhere on the internet that if ESPN does something two years in a row, that is most definitely the reason for it.

NDSU was offered this game last year and turned it down due to having the Iowa State game the next week. I wouldn't call it having a love affair with the Big Sky.

NDSU and Montana are two of the elite programs in the FCS which is why this particular game is being televised.

Doubtful it was offered last year. Good try though.

The Big Sky app / Big Sky TV shows that the conference has the infrastructure to produce games and get them where they need to be (internet or satellite up link). If ESPN can get content for little to no investment it'll catch their eye. 

But do all Big Sky venues have the capability to showcase a game the way ESPN wants it to be viewed, i.e. HD cameras, multiple camera angles, etc.?  I'm guessing ESPN will bring their own crew and equipment to Washington-Grizzly Stadium next year, so the investment will be the same as if they were going anywhere else.