SiouxSports.com Forum

UNC Predictions

UND Fan

I think UNC and UND are going to be in two different states of mind on Saturday.  North Dakota's fans, and more importantly its players, are still excited about the future under Coach Schwiegert.  Even though it is the last game of 3rd consecutive losing season, the team is going to be hungry to improve and get another win for Bubba and enter the off season on a note of positivity.  They are going to be intense, and will be playing with the same energy in this last game as they did in the first game.

I think Northern Colorado is where we were at last year.  Their fans seem to have turned against their coach.  Their players are probably not greatly motivated.  They are in the midst of their 11th consecutive losing season.  I bet their fan base and their team just wants this season to be over.

Having said that, they have also beaten Northern Arizona this year.  Just two weeks ago we were embarrassed by Weber St. and we are 0-5 on the road. 

This game is going to have an in-your-face old fashioned NCC feel to it.

Remember the last game in Greeley when the refs let UNC play with 12 guys against us to seal their victory?

The forecast is for sunny and 54 degrees.  So for anybody who is going, bring your nose plugs.  Weather like that will bring out Greeley's  aromatic attributes in full force..........

• Upvote 1

I think UNC and UND are going to be in two different states of mind on Saturday.  North Dakota's fans, and more importantly its players, are still excited about the future under Coach Schwiegert.  Even though it is the last game of 3rd consecutive losing season, the team is going to be hungry to improve and get another win for Bubba and enter the off season on a note of positivity.  They are going to be intense, and will be playing with the same energy in this last game as they did in the first game.

I think Northern Colorado is where we were at last year.  Their fans seem to have turned against their coach.  Their players are probably not greatly motivated.  They are in the midst of their 11th consecutive losing season.  I bet their fan base and their team just wants this season to be over.

Having said that, they have also beaten Northern Arizona this year.  Just two weeks ago we were embarrassed by Weber St. and we are 0-5 on the road. 

Remember the last game in Greeley when the refs let UNC play with 12 guys against us to seal their victory?

The forecast is for sunny and 54 degrees.  So for anybody who is going, bring your nose plugs.  Weather like that will bring out Greeley's  aromatic attributes in full force..........

Maybe UNC will re-hire Joe Glenn, he can then concentrate more on UND during his press conferences.

They have a meat packing plant and we are hungry for a win, advantage us.  I too am concerned about our team playing, or lack of playing, on the road.

UNC runs multiple sets including spread, has a mobile QB, and a few talented WRs, none of which translates well for us.  But, their O-line is suspect (kinda like the Griz)  So, expect our D-line to be active and for the LBs to be making plays.  Expect Schmitty to really attack, sack city here we come.  If our DBs turn around on third and long we should be fine.

Offensively I think we'll do OK.  For 1, Rudolph gets to build off of last weeks successes.  2, we don't really have to worry about protecting our QB for the rest of the season, so I expect Studsrud to be active in the run game.

All things considered:

UND - 23

UNC - 20

Let me set up my statement: 

Last time in Greeley, Mussman, with 0:47 left, down one point and on the opponent 34, and facing 4th and 1, and with a kicker who's hit from 54 on that field (year before), rather than making a 51 yard FG attempt goes for it and fails. (That's the day I was sure Mussman had to go. I had to wait another 365 days.) 

So, my statement: 

I just want a better job of clock management and situation awareness than the last time in Greeley.

Let me set up my statement:

Last time in Greeley, Mussman, with 0:47 left, down one point and on the opponent 34, and facing 4th and 1, and with a kicker who's hit from 54 on that field (year before), rather than making a 51 yard FG attempt goes for it and fails. (That's the day I was sure Mussman had to go. I had to wait another 365 days.)

So, my statement:

I just want a better job of clock management and situation awareness than the last time in Greeley.

I still stand by the calls on 3rd and 4th down that game.

I still stand by the calls on 3rd and 4th down that game.

Third, yes (try the dagger shot).

Fourth, no. Kick FG, take lead. You did it to win from 54 the year before

Compare end-of-game management of the 2012 UNC game to what we saw last week (2014 NAU). No question who I trust. (Hint: pick the game we won)