SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

Oh BTW, the NCHC's #1, #3, #4, and #5 Top Goal Scorers all hail from Miami.

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/1219043-nchc?subseason=161626

Miami has the NCHC's Top Point Leader, Top Scorer, Top Assist Leader, and Top Goalie Winner.  The NCHC stats page is lit up red....

Have they played more NCHC games?  Try looking at overall's next time, or maybe averages?  Let's compare apples to apples here.

• Upvote 1

Oh BTW, the NCHC's #1, #3, #4, and #5 Top Goal Scorers all hail from Miami.

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/1219043-nchc?subseason=161626

Miami has the NCHC's Top Point Leader, Top Scorer, Top Assist Leader, and Top Goalie Winner.  The NCHC stats page is lit up red....

We all know Miami has some good high end forwards the question is do they have any depth or do they have to have these guys score every game?

Which one? 1998 or 2011? I say both.

Well I would have to say 2011. I was actually a huge Gopher fan until I went up to school in Grand Forks in the fall of '03. Grew up with season tickets at Mariucci, then saw the light when I went to college! I'll cheer for the Goofs in football, basketball, wrestling, etc. (As long as we aren't playing them). But I could not dislike that hockey team more.

• Upvote 2

We all know Miami has some good high end forwards the question is do they have any depth or do they have to have these guys score every game?

Pretty similar, both clubs with 6 guys with 3 or more goals. Miami with 4 players 5+, how long is macwilliams out for? I know we won't be seeing him this weekend, just curious.

Pretty similar, both clubs with 6 guys with 3 or more goals. Miami with 4 players 5+, how long is macwilliams out for? I know we won't be seeing him this weekend, just curious.

Haven't heard for sure how long McMillan is out, but he won't be in the line-up this weekend.

I am happy to see Taylor Richart is healthy and playing well again. Family friend, good kid.

MacMillan is out indefinitely there has been lots of different speculation about exactly how long he will be out but no official timetable. I think a big part of it will be how long it will take him to regain strength in the wrist after everything is healed my guess is we won't see him back until the 2nd half of the season.

I think it's cute when fans of lesser hockey powers come on board and try to impress UND fans with how good their team is. Kinda like how a little brother wants to impress a big brother or a son trying to make his dad proud of him. ;)

But seriously, if UND plays with a lot of edge throughout, I think we'll have a lot of success..

I think it's cute when fans of lesser hockey powers come on board and try to impress UND fans with how good their team is. Kinda like how a little brother wants to impress a big brother or a son trying to make his dad proud of him. ;)

But seriously, if UND plays with a lot of edge throughout, I think we'll have a lot of success..

Be careful not to take a fossilized view of modern college hockey, something that is easy for schools like UND to do. It doesn't much matter now who the powers were in 1987. If Union can walk in and demolish the best of the rest, they are not a lesser power.

• Upvote 2

Be careful not to take a fossilized view of modern college hockey, something that is easy for schools like UND to do. It doesn't much matter now who the powers were in 1987. If Union can walk in and demolish the best of the rest, they are not a lesser power.

I agree. But my post was mostly for chuckles instead of being serious and to start some good-natured back & forth talk .. that's why I put that wink in there.

But I think there's an element, albeit small, of fans from lesser-established programs to want to impress the fans of programs who've been around since early-mid last century. IE, if we were to play Bama in football, we'd want them to recognize us as being legitimate rivals; & they'd be like, "Yawn, whatever." :)

I'm a football fan first, then hockey, and as bad as Miami Football is right now, they'd still demolish UND so I would't consider Miami a lesser program with nearly 700 wins and good for Top 25 wins in all of FBS.

I meant a lesser program within hockey as far as tradition goes. Within football, you are right; Miami would slaughter UND..but Bama would beat you guys silly in football. I don't know of any college hockey teams that would beat UND silly. My point: UND is the creme de la creme in hockey. Miami is not the creme de la creme in football.

It's all good though, Miami has a quality hockey program that shouldn't be taken lightly. Anything can happen on any given night. :)