SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS WSU GDT

geaux_sioux

Top 2 QBs, top 2 RBs, top 2 WRs, top 2 DLs, top TE all out with injuries with one sent packing. This team had enough issues with everyone healthy. Put me in the group that wasn't expecting real positive results in this game. D still looks decent, not as good as before with the loss of the two nose guards. Without some bad turnovers, D only gives up 14.

Although the pass defense needs some work, it's hard to find fault with UND's run defense. Weber managed just 41 yards on 36 carries. And that's with UND's top two NG's out.

Agree. And they were one of the worst run defenses in the Big Sky the last two years. Even though it seems like the D may be running out of gas as the season winds down, its turnaround overall is quite remarkable.......

Top 2 QBs, top 2 RBs, top 2 WRs, top 2 DLs, top TE all out with injuries with one sent packing. This team had enough issues with everyone healthy. Put me in the group that wasn't expecting real positive results in this game. D still looks decent, not as good as before with the loss of the two nose guards. Without some bad turnovers, D only gives up 14.

Most of that group looked pretty absent during the predictions thread.

Everyone knows the difficulties this team has faced this year. No need for me to recount them here. That's why I picked Weber to win this game. Not because Weber is a good team. They are not a good team. They were winless coming into GF. 0-9. Zero wins.

This is not about Weber, or the next two likely losses vs NAU and UNC.

This is about the absolute disaster this season has become for UND.

Were you sitting in section 215 today?

Attendance: 5,936

Disappointing to say the least. But not as disappointing as the way this team is performing.

I was one of those in attendance. Our OL is bad, maybe if Studsrud had more protection he could find a receiver downfield. Running game did a lot better, of course UND had some tackling issues. Very poor on some. You can tell how injuries are taking its toll on this team.

How can you expect a coach to turn it around in one year? That is Mussman's team on the field. Let Bubba recruit for a couple years and then see where the team is at.

That's what I told my dad at the game, once Muss's players filter out the team will start improving plus a little injury problem will make any team feel the pain.

That's what I told my dad at the game, once Muss's players filter out the team will start improving plus a little injury problem will make any team feel the pain.

I'm no recruiting guru, but it seemed everytime someone committed over the last 7 years everyone was talking about what a great class Mussman put together every season.  Obviously that was not the case. 

I'm no recruiting guru, but it seemed everytime someone committed over the last 7 years everyone was talking about what a great class Mussman put together every season. Obviously that was not the case.

His last two classes were actually filled with good talent. A ton left from the 2012 class and the 2013 class lost Golladay and some others this past offseason. Before that it was mostly players that wouldnt sniff our D2 lineups from recent memory.

Bet Ferguson and Young are either wishing they had stayed or are laughing at Bubba's and Rudolph's struggles.  Or, maybe Rudolph wishes he wasn't such an ass.   Someone liked his play calling?!?!?  Come on.....you have to throw early rather than waiting for obvious passing situations with the young QB and average OL.  Too many time this year it has been run....run....pass....punt.  Anyone on this board could call those plays. 

Bet Ferguson and Young are either wishing they had stayed or are laughing at Bubba's and Rudolph's struggles.  Or, maybe Rudolph wishes he wasn't such an ass.   Someone liked his play calling?!?!?  Come on.....you have to throw early rather than waiting for obvious passing situations with the young QB and average OL.  Too many time this year it has been run....run....pass....punt.  Anyone on this board could call those plays. 

They called 35 run plays and 34 pass plays.  That is hardly run.....run.....pass.  The players aren't getting it done. 

Bet Ferguson and Young are either wishing they had stayed or are laughing at Bubba's and Rudolph's struggles. Or, maybe Rudolph wishes he wasn't such an ass. Someone liked his play calling?!?!? Come on.....you have to throw early rather than waiting for obvious passing situations with the young QB and average OL. Too many time this year it has been run....run....pass....punt. Anyone on this board could call those plays.

A ton of dropped balls yesterday put us in tough down and distances. Our WR had a hard time getting off the line yesterday. It didn't matter if it was first or third down. I didn't think the play calling was bad yesterday. I also think Rudolph is a good coach.

Do you have a bunch of plays Rudolph could use to try and gain big yards?  Maybe plays that can get guys like Young open, who run 4.7 fortys and can't separate from anybody?  They have zero playmakers out there on offense now that McGill and Ferguson left the team, and Ferguson was hurt half the season.  The rest of the receivers are average speed and can't get off a jam or separate.  

Oh, and Rudolph knows his QB will have about 2-3 seconds to get the pass off so factor that in, also.  

Oh, and the QB can't run the ball ever because if he gets hurt they will be down to a walk-on who they didn't want to play in the first place.  

Bridges is probably the fastest WR. Injured basically the whole year. Walker still doesn't look full speed. Cerintino is just a possession guy, can't really stretch the field. Teams know Seibel can ball now, it won't be quite as easy for him as before. Oh and Hardin and Golladay aren't walking through that door any time soon. We need playmakers and hogs like never before.

Did Coach Rudolph piss in your cornflakes? 

Do you have a bunch of plays Rudolph could use to try and gain big yards?  Maybe plays that can get guys like Young open, who run 4.7 fortys and can't separate from anybody?  They have zero playmakers out there on offense now that McGill and Ferguson left the team, and Ferguson was hurt half the season.  The rest of the receivers are average speed and can't get off a jam or separate.  

Oh, and Rudolph knows his QB will have about 2-3 seconds to get the pass off so factor that in, also.  

Oh, and the QB can't run the ball ever because if he gets hurt they will be down to a walk-on who they didn't want to play in the first place.  

I too have been frustrated by the progression of 1st and 10, 2nd and 9, 3rd and 7 (pass), punt that we have seen a lot of this season.  Although some game stats show a reasonable amount of passes, many were of the 3rd and 7 variety or not until we had no choice but to play catch-up. That's a tough spot for any quarterback.   We don't work very hard at keeping defenses off balance at all.  Having said that, I think that it is hard to evaluate Rudolph until we get some talent to play with.  I have a feeling that other adjustments that I have been hoping for would be like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  It is, however, hard to go into game after game with our game plan to establish the run when you have our O line.  I was hoping for a little more flexible gamecalling.  

Apparently Mc Feeley has been talking about how bad UND's football situation is. Doesn't it seem like their would of been another topic on the football scene in Fargo that he would of been more worried about today. I guess that is called deflecting attention away from the big story that happened over the weekend. If I am not mistaken I think the Bison football team got it handed to them this weekend. I don't think the injury ridden UND football teams 12 point loss this weekend was the major story of the weekend.

Apparently Mc Feeley has been talking about how bad UND's football situation is. Doesn't it seem like their would of been another topic on the football scene in Fargo that he would of been more worried about today. I guess that is called deflecting attention away from the big story that happened over the weekend. If I am not mistaken I think the Bison football team got it handed to them this weekend. I don't think the injury ridden UND football teams 12 point loss this weekend was the major story of the weekend.

The fu athletic dept. controls the media in Fargo. Dont write anything negative or you might get grounded from attending practice.

Worse part is they don't even check numbers before posting but whatever makes UND look bad.

The fu athletic dept. controls the media in Fargo. Dont write anything negative or you might get grounded from attending practice.

Worse part is they don't even check numbers before posting but whatever makes UND look bad.

if you think McFeely is pro-NDSU, you should probably lay off the dope for a while. 

if you think McFeely is pro-NDSU, you should probably lay off the dope for a while.

Um, he would basically make love to Saul Phillips during his interviews with him. And he made sure to make fun of UND's drawn out football coach hiring process, but never said a word about NDSU's AD search taking so long, only to end up hiring the Barney Fife of Stony Brook.