SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bucky - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Sounded like a pretty dominating performance for the most part with a few too many turnovers seemed like Rumpel really kept Wisconsin in the game for a while. Hopefully we can convert on a few more of our chances and clean up some things defensively and finish off the sweep tomorrow night.

Missing open nets has nothing to do with the opposing goaltender.  You must finish when you have the chance and it almost cost us tonight.

Missing open nets has nothing to do with the opposing goaltender.  You must finish when you have the chance and it almost cost us tonight.

A lot of that tonight? I only listened to TH and he made it sound like Rumpel was playing pretty well and Hak said in his postgame comments that Rumpel was really the difference for Wisconsin for a while and kept them in it.

A lot of that tonight? I only listened to TH and he made it sound like Rumpel was playing pretty well and Hak said in his postgame comments that Rumpel was really the difference for Wisconsin for a while and kept them in it.

I think there was an element of both.

Was following the real-time chat & I lost count of how many times UND shot it "just wide". If I had a shot of vodka for every time I heard that I would've died of alcohol poisoning in the first period. If just half those shots had been on net the final would've been like 12-2.  lol .. Maybe they would score bushels of goals every game if they made a concerted effort to shoot wide instead of on net.

A lot of that tonight? I only listened to TH and he made it sound like Rumpel was playing pretty well and Hak said in his postgame comments that Rumpel was really the difference for Wisconsin for a while and kept them in it.

Yeah he did play really well.... and their was some luck sprinkled in there as well.  I, for one, didn't think we looked all that great last night.  We were just a lot better than that team.  I'm calling for a drubbing tonight.

Yeah he did play really well.... and their was some luck sprinkled in there as well. I, for one, didn't think we looked all that great last night. We were just a lot better than that team. I'm calling for a drubbing tonight.

The big ice makes the game look different. I also think it could be a whooping tonight. Hard to sweep there though typically.

My thoughts from my view at Kohl Center:

St. Clair was a beast out there! He should be on the ice every game.

Poganski had a great game.  He seems to get better every week.

Very nice to see the Sioux controlling the puck for long stretches on the power play.

My personal opinion - I'm more comfortable with Mattson on the ice over Thompson right now. Keaton seemed to struggle a bit last night at times.

Great atmosphere in the arena, even thought it was only about 2/3 full.

I expected one close score and one blowout this weekend. Looking forward to the blowout tonight.

Check out Andy Johnson's assessment of apparently the greatest travesty in the history of hockey ever from last night's game...

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey/2014/11/7/7176631/wisconsin-north-dakota-hockey-recap

Just a bit of a stretch there Andrew......the WWF would have been insulted with that comparison.

I saw the game the same way. That was definitely not the WIS of old. They're young and it was obvious.

Giving up 2 goals in just under 60:00 of play on the road at Wisconsin is hardly getting lit up. That's pretty solid. However, giving up 1 goal on 4 shots in the 3rd period and yet another goal with under a minute remaining in the game is cause for concern down the road, especially in tight games. Seems like it happens all the time to UND...maybe it's just me. Anyone else notice that trend of the late-game goal?

Giving up 2 goals in just under 60:00 of play on the road at Wisconsin is hardly getting lit up. That's pretty solid. However, giving up 1 goal on 4 shots in the 3rd period and yet another goal with under a minute remaining in the game is cause for concern down the road, especially in tight games. Seems like it happens all the time to UND...maybe it's just me. Anyone else notice that trend of the late-game goal?

Did you just type that with your, .6, t-shirt on? :D

I thought it looked worse than it was, he was throwing his weight on his stick in my opinion,  surprised the stick didn't break.  He looked right at the ref after the first "flying elbow from the top rope"

Just from watching the video. My guess it that the Wisco player pulled the puck into his body to get a whistle. Chyzyk was just trying to free him of the puck. I didn't see a elbow.

• Upvote 1