SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

My favorite Kohl Center memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5M-cAtYbc

The Sioux didn't play very well that weekend, but they still earned a trip to the F4!

And that OT winner sure silenced that crowd quickly. :)

I'll never forget that Duncan goal to tie it. The ping off the pipe and in was so loud. Never heard a pipe ring that loud.

I was covering the regional for CHN that weekend and I'll always remember not being able to scream my lungs out when Koz buried the winner in OT. One of my best friends and I celebrated plenty that night in Madtown, however :) .... Great memories!!!

Would love to make a few more this weekend. Pedal to the metal. Get out on a young and defeated team early and bury them. Leave no doubt.

I was covering the regional for CHN that weekend and I'll always remember not being able to scream my lungs out when Koz buried the winner in OT. One of my best friends and I celebrated plenty that night in Madtown, however :) .... Great memories!!!

Haha, that's hilarious.

I remember giving high fives to almost every Sioux fan we encountered as we exited the arena.

Everyone had pretty much given up after UND could get nothing going for the first 2 periods.  Great 3rd period and OT!  :)

Haha, that's hilarious.

I remember giving high fives to almost every Sioux fan we encountered as we exited the arena.

Everyone had pretty much given up after UND could get nothing going for the first 2 periods. Great 3rd period and OT! :)

It was so awful! My buddy and I jumped out of our chairs in the press box and did everything in our power not to scream! I remember vividly giving a loud YAHHHHHHH!!! when the press went down to the press room for postgame hahaha. Like I said, we made up for lost cheering that night!

I'll never forget that Duncan goal to tie it. The ping off the pipe and in was so loud. Never heard a pipe ring that loud.

One of the loudest pipes I've ever heard. With the two goals from his office against Princeton, what a weekend Ryan Duncan had!

Maybe this isn't the right thread, but does anyone else think that T. Poolman is ahead of his time for a college hockey player? He seems to "get" it at such an early start to his collegiate career. Some guys don't blossom until much later, if at all, but the college game seems to come pretty easily for him so early. That's how I'm reading his play so far, but I live in the SW so I don't have as clear a perspective as someone who lives in GF & goes to the games.

I'm basing my perspective on his offensive abilities & am wondering if his defensive side is just as good.

Maybe this isn't the right thread, but does anyone else think that T. Poolman is ahead of his time for a college hockey player? He seems to "get" it at such an early start to his collegiate career. Some guys don't blossom until much later, if at all, but the college game seems to come pretty easily for him so early. That's how I'm reading his play so far, but I live in the SW so I don't have as clear a perspective as someone who lives in GF & goes to the games.

I'm basing my perspective on his offensive abilities & am wondering if his defensive side is just as good.

USA junior hockey player of the year.  He would have had USHL defenseman and potentially USHL player of the year had it not been for Montour.  You are correct that for many players there is a learning curve, and I do think there was a small one for Poolman.  However, the fact he sat one game was a complete shock to me.  I expected him to play a very big role for us this year from day 1.  I am actually more shocked he doesn't have one dime yet.  This weekend I'm sure :)

If there any of you driving to Madison and would like a very nice and inexpensive room, there are some available under UND Hockey Bus at the Americaninn Madison West.  Price is only $89 a night and includes a free hot breakfast in the morning and a free hospitality happy hour from 5-7 each night with free beer, wine, and appatisers.  Call the hotel at 1-800-634-3444 and tell them you are with the UND Hockey Bus group.  Here is the hotel website...http://www.americinn.../wi/madisonwest

Everything I've read about Tucker before he came to school, and for the most part what I've seen/heard from him this year, was that he'd make an immediate impact because of his age/development. I don't think his ceiling is going to be incredibly high, ala the Schmaltz brothers, but, he will be a guy that contributes his whole career with UND. I love him. Solid on D with loads of playmaking ability. I hope he continues to improve and blossom!

Everything I've read about Tucker before he came to school, and for the most part what I've seen/heard from him this year, was that he'd make an immediate impact because of his age/development. I don't think his ceiling is going to be incredibly high, ala the Schmaltz brothers, but, he will be a guy that contributes his whole career with UND. I love him. Solid on D with loads of playmaking ability. I hope he continues to improve and blossom!

Why don't you think he's got that kind of upside other than not being a first rounder? He's got good size and seems to have an awesome feel for the game. His last goal was the best play by a UND defenseman that I've seen in years. He may not have extreme upside but I thinks he's still just scratching the surface.

Why don't you think he's got that kind of upside other than not being a first rounder? He's got good size and seems to have an awesome feel for the game. His last goal was the best play by a UND defenseman that I've seen in years. He may not have extreme upside but I thinks he's still just scratching the surface.

I dont ever think he'll be a top 4 nhl defensemen, but I honestly think this kid is an NHLer for sure.  He has a lot of skill.

The Sioux didn't play very well that weekend, but they still earned a trip to the F4! 

And that OT winner sure silenced that crowd quickly.  :)

I can still hear the ring of that GTG by Duncan.  And yeah, that game winner even silenced Mrs. Sideburns in front of us.  That was a fun Regional, for sure.

And that OT winner sure silenced that crowd quickly.  :)

When Kaip scored the first goal, the Wisconsin crowd chanted "You still suck!"  When Duncan scored, the Wisconsin crowd was quiet.  And when Kozek scored, they couldn't get out of the Kohl Center fast enough.

• Upvote 1

If there any of you driving to Madison and would like a very nice and inexpensive room, there are some available under UND Hockey Bus at the Americaninn Madison West. Price is only $89 a night and includes a free hot breakfast in the morning and a free hospitality happy hour from 5-7 each night with free beer, wine, and appatisers. Call the hotel at 1-800-634-3444 and tell them you are with the UND Hockey Bus group. Here is the hotel website...http://www.americinn.../wi/madisonwest

Damn wish I would have seen this before.

Should be a great weekend of hockey as both coaches are fighting for their jobs early on in the season - Mike Eaves' group stands at 0-4 while Hakstol's team sports an equally disappointing 5-1-1 mark. Anything less than a sweep by either team could result in a head coach being fired on Monday morning or at the very least, their fan website crashing. Drop the puck!

• Upvote 3