SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Beavers - FRIDAY

AZSIOUX

Really a pathetic first 2 periods of the season. Losing almost every individual battle out there and getting beat to a lot of lose pucks would be great if anyone started to skate sometime soon. One of the worst parts as you expect upper classmen to set the tone and a couple of them have looked like the most lazy players on the ice tonight and just making stupid plays. Zane has been hung out to dry a number of times and made some good saves to not let it get any worse. Would love to see a comeback in this 3rd period but right now I'm just looking for guys who deserve to dress tomorrow night because so far I can't name too many.

They are being lazy, pure and simple. Getting outworked, outhustled, out-performed and it shows in the score. They can have all the talent in the world but if they don't bother to even try, then they'll get their butts kicked by middle of the pack teams all season. 

As much as they deserve it, they got to think about winning tomorrow, or else the NC schedule is already ruined in the first week. Here we go again! Why the hell can't UND do anything good at the start of the season?

I was kidding but my God this has been brutal.

They are being lazy, pure and simple. Getting outworked, outhustled, out-performed and it shows in the score. They can have all the talent in the world but if they don't bother to even try, then they'll get their butts kicked by middle of the pack teams all season. 

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

• Upvote 1

Just an ugly and very sloppy performance with very little if any positives to take away for UND. Tonight wasn't about coaching or systems or any of that it was all about effort. BSU just outworked and outhustled UND right from the drop of the puck and won almost all the individual battles. Moving forward to tomorrow I would be surprised to see most if not all the scratches from tonight in the lineup. Hak should have no shortage of guys to choose from to yank out of the lineup including some guys who have played a number of games for UND like Stecher, OD, Gaarder, and Chyzk as well as guys who haven't played as much like Murphy and Sanderson.