SiouxSports.com Forum

Extremely Hypothetical: 7-5 = playoffs?

geaux_sioux

If we are playing extremely hypothetical- if UND runs the table, where does 6-2 finish in the conference race?

I do agree with an earlier post that we lose a game or two on the road. Finish 6-6.

I agree. 6-6 is a more of a realistic 2014 season record - which is a good improvement from the previous year. I hope Bubba keeps it up and draws more fans to the Alerus. We need to sell out and become the 12th man in that place with noise!

I agree. 6-6 is a more of a realistic 2014 season record - which is a good improvement from the previous year. I hope Bubba keeps it up and draws more fans to the Alerus. We need to sell out and become the 12th man in that place with noise!

6-6? People pegged us at 0-12. Just shows what Bubba has done, especially getting the defense its respect back. Good times are coming!!!

Yes, lets get win number 3 first... quick question to others.  In the Montana game was the first snap a bad snap it looked like it went through QBs hands.  The second one was a really bad snap.  And it looked like a bobble took place when under center later in the first Q.  When you are having this level of trouble with the offense, nobody should be looking ahead and counting wins.  This has been problem since game 1 and it is game 5 and it is still costing the team games. 

Boy must be nice to see Bubba's morals victories already piling up leading to a hypothetical playoff birth.

Boy, it would sure be nice if you would know what you're talking about.

No one, especially Bubba, said there has been moral victories. Nevertheless, UND had a very real opportunity to defeat two of the top 3 Big Sky teams the last two weeks. For any mentally competent person, that would mean something as far as UND's capability as a team. For NDSU trolls such as yourself, well, refer back to the mental competence part. 

• Upvote 1

You add nothing to a discussion. We all know you, as a wonderfully-implied NDSU troll (which we have an infestation problem with around here), do not think NDSU is touchable.

Apparently talking about how NDSU almost lost to Western Illinois wasn't interesting enough so you had to come over here. Pitiful...

When the Missouri Valley has 8 ranked teams, there is no way in hell UND gets in with a 7-5 BiG Sky record with no wins over ranked opponents. Big Sky will get 2, maybe 3 teams in this year. I could easily see 7 wins this year for UND though.

When the Missouri Valley has 8 ranked teams, there is no way in hell UND gets in with a 7-5 BiG Sky record with no wins over ranked opponents. Big Sky will get 2, maybe 3 teams in this year. I could easily see 7 wins this year for UND though.

I don't think UND gets into the playoffs unless they win out and go 8-4 (6-2 BSC) and defeat Eastern Washington while they are #2. The chances of that are minimal. Nevertheless, I think the chances of UND going 6-6 (4-4 BSC) are very very good and that would be a huge improvement considering the 2013 UND season and this year's youth. If UND goes 6-6 or 7-5 in 2014, then next year should be a very good year for UND football. 

Boy must be nice to see Bubba's morals victories already piling up leading to a hypothetical playoff birth.

You dipshits are going to have to come up with some new material. Mussman got fired last year. We have a d. You are insecure for whatever reason. Things will soon be as they should. I look forward to seeing your future attempts at smack, hopefully they are at least novel, I won't hold my breath.

So the MVFC has an only non conference schedule this year? Welcome to the SEC syndrome where very good team beat up on each other and they get under rated. Your conference is very deep, unfortunately your cognitive capacity is not.

If UND wouldn't have puked away a W last Saturday this hypothetical might actually have some tread to it. Teams have to learn how to win...improvement is great but ultimately putting a check in the W column is all that counts at the end of the day. I expect a check mark in the W column this Saturday.

• Upvote 1

If UND wouldn't have puked away a W last Saturday this hypothetical might actually have some tread to it. Teams have to learn how to win...improvement is great but ultimately putting a check in the W column is all that counts at the end of the day. I expect a check mark in the W column this Saturday.

how do you puke away a huge comeback where you were never winning??

Get the game winning field goal higher than 4 feet off the ground. 

Great point.  I am shocked that those two 18 year olds we had holding/kicking got nervous with the game on the line vs. #7 team in the country.  Shocked I say.  

Great point.  I am shocked that those two 18 year olds we had holding/kicking got nervous with the game on the line vs. #7 team in the country.  Shocked I say.  

If that is your take then this whole hypothetical discussion is pointless.  Last time I checked both are D1 FB players...they don't play 9 man FB at Cavalier. 

• Upvote 4

If that is your take then this hypothetical discussion is pointless.  Last time I checked oth are D1 FB players...they don't play 9 man FB at Cavalier.

You guys should be redirecting your anger towards a certain punter/kicker who became ineligible over the summer and completely F'ed over the entire team.  He would have been kicking the field goal and more than likely made it.  BTW, the hold was bad and the timing was completely off.

Blaming a true freshman who was not prepared by the staff to be the kicker until week 3 of fall camp (due to above-mentioned player) is pretty low, IMO.  The kid has done fairly well considering he shouldn't be kicking in the first place.  Oh, and the true freshman holder is the walk-on punter who also should not be playing due to above mentioned player.  

I don't know about you guys but I sucked my first year at my current work.   

You guys should be redirecting your anger towards a certain punter/kicker who became ineligible over the summer and completely F'ed over the entire team.  He would have been kicking the field goal and more than likely made it.  BTW, the hold was bad and the timing was completely off.

Blaming a true freshman who was not prepared by the staff to be the kicker until week 3 of fall camp (due to above-mentioned player) is pretty low, IMO.  The kid has done fairly well considering he shouldn't be kicking in the first place.  Oh, and the true freshman holder is the walk-on punter who also should not be playing due to above mentioned player.  

No one blamed the kid directly but it was a factor in the game.  He has been really solid for us this year and I am not dumb enough to think he was going to bury every kick this year.  Everything is a learning experience and this will be no different.

However, the kick has to have a chance.  You may have been bad your first year at work but your boss still expects you to do the basics correctly.

No one blamed the kid directly but it was a factor in the game.  He has been really solid for us this year and I am not dumb enough to think he was going to bury every kick this year.  Everything is a learning experience and this will be no different.

However, the kick has to have a chance.  You may have been bad your first year at work but your boss still expects you to do the basics correctly.

That's fine.  My point is neither should be on the field and that is a verified fact.  So, when these crucial situations pop-up don't surprised that something may go wrong.  Also, the snap was OK but the hold was worse.  The timing was completely off - Taubenheim stood no chance.  

BTW, Meindel has been eligible to play for two weeks now and Bubba hasn't even let him dress.  If Bubba wanted to sell out and put everything on the field he could to win, Meindel would be playing.  Bubba is sending a message to his team for the future and the thing that sucks is they lose to Montana because the kid F'ed them over and put Bubba in that situation.  

If I recall correctly UND converted 3 FGs vs. RM with one being from 45 yards out..........................

Which one was to win it with a minute left?  I cannot believe that all snaps, holds and kicks don't happen the exact same way, every time.  

Also, the snap was OK but the hold was worse.  

The snap? From the far end zone angle it looked like it was behind the holder; the holder seemed to have to "pull it out of his ear".

The hold? Clearly off. The top nose of the ball was pointing at the kicker. 

The kick? He hit the ball high which is why it never really got off the ground. (You have to strike low for it to get up.) 

But wait ... there's more ... freshman snapper, freshman holder, freshman kicker ... first attempt ever by that trifecta at winning a game. 

If they're all going to have "learning moments" at least they all had them together at once (rather than over three different attempts). 

The game is really fast for those players right now.   It will slow down and get easier with more experience.   That is a tough place to put a couple of freshman in this early in their careers.   Hope for the best but it is understandable.