SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

brianvf

Quick, who is paid more for coaching hoops at UConn, Geno Auriemma or Kevin Ollie?

Probably Geno. Of course, UConn women's basketball draws more than most men's programs AND he's been wildly successful. I'm just guessing that if he went on a sub-par run like Miller has, and only drew 1000 fans per game, UConn wouldn't be quite so willing to pay him seven figures.

I'm still baffled how a school like UMD ever got to a point where it was paying its women's hockey coach far more than Minnesota or Wisconsin.

They each get $400,000 in base salary for coaching.  However, when you add in extra compensation for appearances and institutional speaking, Auriemma will get $2.06 million this year and Ollie $1.3 million.  Jim Calhoun was scheduled to receive $3.0 million in his final year (he retired before the end of his contract).

I'd say the odds are slim for finding beet at the concession stands.

Odds of beets? Depends if any fell off a TransSystems truck passing by. 

Odds of pickled beets? I loved my grandmother's recipe but haven't found any concessions at REA serving pickled beets.

Odds of finding gfhockey pickled? Wouldn't. Bet. Against. ;)

Probably Geno. Of course, UConn women's basketball draws more than most men's programs AND he's been wildly successful. I'm just guessing that if he went on a sub-par run like Miller has, and only drew 1000 fans per game, UConn wouldn't be quite so willing to pay him seven figures.

I'm still baffled how a school like UMD ever got to a point where it was paying its women's hockey coach far more than Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Believe me, when the facts come out, it won't be just about her salary. 

How SAB did not get any consideration for player of the year or at the very least defensive player of the year is beyond me. Correct that.....she probably did get some consideration for maybe a minute or two. I would think she should get some consideration for the women's national team?.....I mean the best goalie in the best women's college hockey conference in the world. 

Bummer of a way to end the season.  Bemidji knocks off the giant and you're playing the conference semi-final game in your own rink against Wisconsin.  Couldn't ask for much more than that.  

Nice rally to finish out the season - unfortunately, the NCAA tournament just isn't in the cards this year.  

• 2 weeks later...