SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

brianvf

Yawn. The Minnesota Golden Gophers - did they finally get the jersey color pic they wanted for the mural?

At least they have material for the mural and btw, wasn't it you who posted your personal take about the arrogance of the Gopher coaching staff in how they recruit? 

How's that arrogance working for them these last few years? 

At least they have material for the mural and btw, wasn't it you who posted your personal take about the arrogance of the Gopher coaching staff in how they recruit? 

How's that arrogance working for them these last few years? 

You can blame UND being behind the curve on Shantel "I don't have any Olympians" Rivard and the damage she did to the women's hockey brand before it even had a chance to get off the ground.  Idalski has taken us from horrible to good, which is an achievement all by itself.  The next step is to take us from good to great and that is always the toughest step.  It was for UND football in the late 1980's and early 1990's and so it is for women's hockey.  We aren't all that far away from contending for NCAA titles as a women's program.

• Upvote 1

You can blame UND being behind the curve on Shantel "I don't have any Olympians" Rivard and the damage she did to the women's hockey brand before it even had a chance to get off the ground.  Idalski has taken us from horrible to good, which is an achievement all by itself.  The next step is to take us from good to great and that is always the toughest step.  It was for UND football in the late 1980's and early 1990's and so it is for women's hockey.  We aren't all that far away from contending for NCAA titles as a women's program.

There was also the delay in starting a program at all.  If UND had started when Duluth did, I think fortunes would be much different.

• Upvote 1

Playing catchup can be most difficult.  Gophers, Duluth and Bucky Badger in all fairness had tremendous head starts and it is showing.  I lthink Idalski has done a tremendous job all in all.  I think perhaps we are so used to the UND men's hockey team being as successful as it is year after year that we are starting to expect national championships for the women as well.  Truly catching up to the Gophers and Badgers in women's hockey, I believe, is still an uphill climb.  All things considered, I think we're at right now where we should be realistically speaking.  The gals have done a most impressive job.  Kudos.

• Upvote 1