SiouxSports.com Forum

Attendance for Saturday

Risky

I'd guess around 8000; if it doesn't rain, temps are supposed to be nice for tailgating.

I'd say this is a fair guess.  I can't make it so gave my buddy in GF my 4 tickets to use.........had to pay him $50 to take them though!  I kid....I kid.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what more UND could do. They won the first game of the year. Tons of students there and tailgating, music blaring.

Then two weeks later with still nice weather. A minimal amount if students tailgating. And about half the number that went to the game as the first.

Win more. Have an offense. Kick ass defense.

Student attendance going down is a nation-wide trend as most probably have read - even Alabama has issues. When the stadium was on campus it's not like the students were overflowing their section it just made it easier for drunk frat boys to walk over for the first half. Student attendance at football games might be solved by adjusting expectations.  

Student attendance going down is a nation-wide trend as most probably have read - even Alabama has issues. When the stadium was on campus it's not like the students were overflowing their section it just made it easier for drunk frat boys to walk over for the first half. Student attendance at football games might be solved by adjusting expectations.

Personally, I think the Alerus/UND give the students way too many seats.

I'm all for shrinking the student section until the students are packed in and they're begging for more tickets.

Personally, I think the Alerus/UND give the students way too many seats.

I'm all for shrinking the student section until the students are packed in and they're begging for more tickets.

Not only that how about charging the area behind the endzones. That way other people could use their seats.

Not only that how about charging the area behind the endzones. That way other people could use their seats.

Due to the "walk-over" areas above the end zone, I absolutely agree that the Alerus should sell "standing-only" tickets for the end zones. Only reason the Alerus would never currently do that is because they would likely have to charge less for the "standing-only" tickets and that would leave them taking a financial hit. Obviously, if the Alerus was actually selling out, then the "standing-only" tickets would be a good idea - not to that point though. 

As for the student section, if that is decreased in size, then the Alerus would theoretically make more. The student section should be decreased in size. 

Of course, UND athletics are factored into this thing financially, also. 

Due to the "walk-over" areas above the end zone, I absolutely agree that the Alerus should sell "standing-only" tickets for the end zones. Only reason the Alerus would never currently do that is because they would likely have to charge less for the "standing-only" tickets and that would leave them taking a financial hit. Obviously, if the Alerus was actually selling out, then the "standing-only" tickets would be a good idea - not to that point though. 

As for the student section, if that is decreased in size, then the Alerus would theoretically make more. The student section should be decreased in size. 

Of course, UND athletics are factored into this thing financially, also. 

I'm pretty sure that UND makes all of these decisions on tickets.  UND rents the facility and decides what to charge for tickets.  The only input that the Alerus Center may have would be limits on the standing room area, and that may depend on the Fire Marshall.  The suites are a separate topic, they are rented out by the Alerus Center for the entire year.  But I'm pretty sure that the contract with UND spells out what can be done with the suites for games.

I'm pretty sure that UND makes all of these decisions on tickets.  UND rents the facility and decides what to charge for tickets.  The only input that the Alerus Center may have would be limits on the standing room area, and that may depend on the Fire Marshall.  The suites are a separate topic, they are rented out by the Alerus Center for the entire year.  But I'm pretty sure that the contract with UND spells out what can be done with the suites for games.

Makes sense since UND has a contractual lease agreement with the Alerus Center.

I know UND's athletics department has noticed the student attendance issue. I honestly think both the size and location of the student section are too lenient towards the students. The student section should be moved over to the 20 or 30 yard line (let season ticket holders be on the 50 yard line on both sides) and the student section should be decreased in size. Right now, there are very good seating spots that are not even occupied on game day. 

Going to football games and staying the whole time just needs to be cool again. There are a bunch of ways to get there. It's not as if the hockey team has been phenomenal the past few years like they used to be but the student section is still packed and lively because it's cool.

If they're down two or more goals going into the third it's a ghost town.