SiouxSports.com Forum

Stony Brook Predictions

UND Fan

Been saying it for years now, UND has to earn respect before it is given. 

Just shows how low this program has sunk unfortunately.

Last week UND was +26 and didn't cover....now they at a 2 score underdog...at home...to some school named Stoney Brook!

Stony is a 9 point favorite per five dimes.

If you look at the FBS opponents we struggled and got kicked against San Jose and Stony Brook hung with UConn.  We got kicked by the bears and Stony Brook played Bryant close.  I can see the 9 point line, just believe this game is a serious gut check for our season.

Just shows how low this program has sunk unfortunately.

Last week UND was +26 and didn't cover....now they at a 2 score underdog...at home...to some school named Stoney Brook!

So this line finally showed you how far it has sunk, aye?  I think we have all established that the program has sunk to new depths.

How about an over/under here? I think it has a lot to do with if we will be successful in this game or not. 

Points scored by the UND offense: line 6.5

??

I just don't see a trip to the end zone or Saturday. At home. Against something called Stony Brook. Guess things have gotten a bit off track huh? UNDer.

I have heard a few jokes about "something called Stony Brook".  You guys should look into it, SB is a pretty highly ranked research college that has 25,000 students, with pretty good athletics as well.  They made the FCS playoffs a few years ago.  They are located in a pretty sweet locale also.

• Upvote 1

I have heard a few jokes about "something called Stony Brook".  You guys should look into it, SB is a pretty highly ranked research college that has 25,000 students, with pretty good athletics as well.  They made the FCS playoffs a few years ago.  They are located in a pretty sweet locale also.

As far as athletics go, the phrase: "something called Stony Brook" fits just fine, in my opinion.  UND should wipe the floor with programs like this athletically. 

• Upvote 2

The State University of New York at Stony Brook is an AAU institution. That's pretty lofty status academically. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities 

I agree. Nice looking stadium too.

http://www.youvisit.com/360fullscreen.php?college=80175&pano=9888&&vhost=1&pl=v&inst=59968

If the SUNY system had allowed their schools to offer DI or even DII scholarships before 1980, Buffalo, Stony Brook, and Albany would have been household names.  New York forced them to play as DIII schools for years, probably because legislators didn't want to hurt the private schools.  Stony Brook has the academic credentials, endowment and media location to be in the Big 10 or ACC, only they don't have the athletic reputation or facilities.   That is changing, as Stony Brook is pouring money into their programs.  They made the College World Series a couple of years ago.  The Islanders owner wanted them to start hockey and play in the Naussau Coliseum:  they turned it down because they wanted to build their other programs, especially football.  They didn't offer football schollies until 2006.

As far as athletics go, the phrase: "something called Stony Brook" fits just fine, in my opinion.  UND should wipe the floor with programs like this athletically. 

"They made the FCS playoffs a few years ago." I little arrogant to assume we would "wipe the floor" with a team that has been atleast good enough to make FCs playoffs.  my prediction, 13-10 sioux