SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

SFI mentioned they've heard rumors of an all sports Adidas deal. This would be huge. It's another step in the direction of legitimacy. Also Adidias makes the best shoes and unis in the business. This is also huge for the football budget. Now the money they would spend on a new green jersey can be spent on other things like strength training equipment and other behind the scenes things that make a difference. All around this is long overdue.

This would be great!

Actually, I was following that chat he did say a little more.  He said he was aware that the Football Team was trying to get a deal directly through Adidas for Football instead of going through a 3rd party as they have been in the past.  He said he wasn't aware of any department wide deal, and that he didn't care what brand teams wore.

Not direct, a rep is involved with an Adidas contract.  If you have no rep, you have no service. 

Prior years we have been buying stuff through a 3rd party, no contract with Nike for the uniforms.  This drove me crazy because even if a contract for Nike is the goal......you 1st have to show them you are 'contract worthy' somewhere else and quit buying from them. 

One thing I've noticed with Miller's is that he absolutely will not put anything in the paper without a solid source.  Personally, I think he has pretty good coverage with the resources the Herald gives him and despite what others will claim, his articles are pretty direct and not all "duckies and bunnies".

He doesn't report anything that can't be found in a UND press release.  He doesn't need resources that the Herald can give him... he needs to develop relationships with people that matter.  Sioux Football Insider dominates him in quality of content, and they do it for free. 

He doesn't report anything that can't be found in a UND press release.  He doesn't need resources that the Herald can give him... he needs to develop relationships with people that matter.  Sioux Football Insider dominates him in quality of content, and they do it for free.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3660425-und-football-und-addresses-receiver-need This stuff is what I'm asking for! Foot in mouth...

I don't think I'm going to like Kelly green pants at all.....with Kelly green tops, hope they keep with the white pants!

I would expect Kelly green jerseys and white pants at home and then the Kelly green pants will be used on the road with the white jerseys. Likely an all green look only once a year for a rivalry game such as Montana or Montana State. 

Could find a picture of the one im thinking of. There are pictures of it in Memorial and on the sideline banners at the Alerus. This is an interesting old time jersey in this picture though.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/the_eye/2015/01/12/150113_EYE_1.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'll look around at the Hall of Fame wall this weekend at the Ralph. Maybe there's something there.

• 2 weeks later...

Could we get a consistent, cross-sport, representation for UND Athletics

1. All headgear (helmets, ball caps, softball visors) are < color here > at home and < color here > on the road. 

2. Stanard home jersey color is < color here >, standard road jersey is < color here >  for all sports unless otherwise mandated by the NCAA.

3. Alternate jersey color for all sports is < color here >.

Could we get a consistent, cross-sport, representation for UND Athletics

1. All headgear (helmets, ball caps, softball visors) are < color here > at home and < color here > on the road. 

2. Stanard home jersey color is < color here >, standard road jersey is < color here >  for all sports unless otherwise mandated by the NCAA.

3. Alternate jersey color for all sports is < color here >.

That is a good idea for most of the teams but Men's Basketball needs to wear Nike so that will throw things off a tad.  The color coordination thing could possibly matchup, if they would agree to it.  They have higher standards over there.

That is a good idea for most of the teams but Men's Basketball needs to wear Nike so that will throw things off a tad.  The color coordination thing could possibly matchup, if they would agree to it.  They have higher standards over there.

Men's basketball and Brian Jones need to grow up and get with the program here. Adidas contract needs to be department-wide.

Men's basketball and Brian Jones need to grow up and get with the program here. Adidas contract needs to be department-wide.

If this is real and an issue, Mr. Faison needs to step up and explain that the good of the many is greater than the good of the few. 

Put another way: (Bubba + Hak + Brew) > Jones

Disappointed it doesn't include helmets. Alumni would cover the cost within 2 weeks. Adidas rep should push that issue. Someone needs to slap Faison on the back of the head ala Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

Nice NCIS reference ...

Does anyone know if there is a image of what these uniforms may look like. Alot of the recruits were tweeting about the uniforms looking really cool. It would be nice to see them.