SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Schedule

bincitysioux

Seems like scheduling news is normally trickling out by now, but it seems its been pretty quiet.

Just came across this:

Utah Tournament

- Nov. 26-29, vs Utah, Alabama St., Texas-PanAm

I also assume @ NDSU and at home against 2 non-DI schools for a total of 6 OOC games thus far.

Remember, with the addition of Idaho to the Big Sky, there will be MORE non-conference games this season than in the last two years.........

Seems like scheduling news is normally trickling out by now, but it seems its been pretty quiet.

Just came across this:

Utah Tournament

I also assume @ NDSU and at home against 2 non-DI schools for a total of 6 OOC games thus far.

Remember, with the addition of Idaho to the Big Sky, there will be MORE non-conference games this season than in the last two years.........

I hope we get more DI teams at home, last year I believe it was just NDSU and SDSU, same with the women they only got NDSU and South Dakota at home.

Just came across this:

Utah Tournament

UND is probably the #2 seed in the tournament, so there's no guarantee that the play Utah unless both win.

The WAC has go to be hurting for games. Get Chicago St, UMKC, Grand Canyon, Utah Valley and Seattle for a home and home over two years. Other than that, maybe a couple Summit and Horizon teams will come to Grand Forks. Hard to get MVC, WCC, Big West and MAC teams. East Coast and Southern teams don't want to travel that far unless its a recruiting area.

UND is probably the #2 seed in the tournament, so there's no guarantee that the play Utah unless both win.

They play the Utes on Nov 28. I'm sure it is a round-robin format like the Oregon tourney last year.

I'm guessing that tourney schedule will look something like:

11/26: Alabama St.

11/28: Utah

11/29: Texas Pan-Am

From Gopherhole.com:

Gophers vs. UND & USD?

Unofficial, but saw a couple different reports that the Gophers will host both the UND Fighting Sioux (Big Sky) and the South Dakota 'Yotes (Summit League) as part of their 2014-15 schedule. UND has advanced to the Big Sky Tournament semifinals and finals, respectively, the last two seasons.

South Dakota State, a regular on the Gophers schedule, also still a possibility.

For now will add to Gophers' schedule, will do more digging for more confirmation.

As of July 2, what we know about the schedule. Word here in Minny is the only Dakota the Gophers are playing in 2014-15 is UND. For now we'll assume UND is on the Gophers' slate, though Pitino is being very tight-lipped about the nonconference schedule.

NORTH DAKOTA

Nov. 26: vs. Alabama State (Global Sports/Utah Round Robin)

Nov. 28: @ Utah (Global Sports Utah/Round Robin)

Nov. 29: vs. UC-Riverside (Global Sports Utah/Round Robin)

Dec. 13: @ North Dakota State

Date TBD: @ Minnesota

Date TBD: @ South Dakota State

March 12-14: Big Sky Tournament (#1 seed)

As of July 2, what we know about the schedule. Word here in Minny is the only Dakota the Gophers are playing in 2014-15 is UND. For now we'll assume UND is on the Gophers' slate, though Pitino is being very tight-lipped about the nonconference schedule.

NORTH DAKOTA

Nov. 26: vs. Alabama State (Global Sports/Utah Round Robin)

Nov. 28: @ Utah (Global Sports Utah/Round Robin)

Nov. 29: vs. UC-Riverside (Global Sports Utah/Round Robin)

Dec. 13: @ North Dakota State

Date TBD: @ Minnesota

Date TBD: @ South Dakota State

March 12-14: Big Sky Tournament (#1 seed)

Not many games in the Betty again this year. Need to do something better than scheduling NAIAs and D2s at home.

Don't get why we aren't seeing DU every other year... Sign a home and home with western michigan and Miami ohio

Why also aren't we seeing South Dakota? The SL teams are the closest to UND get them to the Betty. There were only TWO DI teams that came to the Betty last year...TWO (NDSU, SDSU).

Don't get why we aren't seeing DU every other year... Sign a home and home with western michigan and Miami ohio

everyone says it every year about why we don't use our hockey connections to get some schools to come here yet every year we get presentation college and mayville???

everyone says it every year about why we don't use our hockey connections to get some schools to come here yet every year we get presentation college and mayville???

I don't understand why people think our hockey connections should help us. Schools like Denver, Miami and Western Michigan can spend a lot less money by scheduling basketball home and homes far closer to home than to schedule UND. The only way we are going to get better opponents to The Betty is to splash serious cash in their direction. I don't know our basketball budget, but if we can't protect our assistants in a bidding war we certainly don't have the money to be spending to bring in better opponents into GF. That much is obvious I would think.

I don't understand why people think our hockey connections should help us. Schools like Denver, Miami and Western Michigan can spend a lot less money by scheduling basketball home and homes far closer to home than to schedule UND. The only way we are going to get better opponents to The Betty is to splash serious cash in their direction. I don't know our basketball budget, but if we can't protect our assistants in a bidding war we certainly don't have the money to be spending to bring in better opponents into GF. That much is obvious I would think.

Not sure about - Miami and W. Michigan for games as you said, but I would think that Denver would be interested in a home and home they are fairly regional. I think Omaha/KC/Vermillion/Brookings/Fargo would all be looking for home and home match ups.

Maybe it makes sense to us, but for the Pioneers I think they had Wyoming at home last year and will take the easy low cost drive to Laramie---I assume they keep this series relatively regular, could be wrong- but it makes too much sense for both schools. Good attendance, and low cost. They also have Colorado State right there, and some years, I assume Air Force. That's a couple of no-brain non conference games right there- then you can take into account that they are located in a major city with a major airport- so they probably look west for some games as they probably recruit California hard... I just don't think we factor in the thinking when in comes to filling out their non-conference schedule.

It appears that were in a regular rotation with NDSU & SDSU now, and I have to believe that we will eventually get things cranked up with USD again. I don't known about Omaha, they seem to be Jone's kryptonite--kidding--it would be good to have something with them regularly too-- but other than that, I'm not really sure that we can count on too much more without breaking the bank- because other teams seem to be content to do home and homes with others closer and easier to get to. They will pay for us to come to them for a one off game, but more than likely won't give us a return.

Nice. Non conference schedule looking very tough so far again.

Unfortunately most will be on the road. Not sure if there is any D-I OOC homes games outside of that one. Hopefully some of these are front ends of home/home or 2-1's or something.

Is there any reason UND can't get any SL teams to Grand Forks this year? South Dakota, WIU, DU, etc? UND had only the SU's last year at the Betty (the only DI teams), Playing P5 teams is good (Minny, Wisc, Oregon, Kansas), but can't we get the rest of DI to Grand Forks?

I'm guessing if it hasn't been accomplished by now...most likely the answer is, no.

We have had Northern Iowa, Louisiana Tech, Bowling Green, Green Bay, W. Illinois and IPFW to name a few, come to GF in the last couple years so it is possible.

We have had Northern Iowa, Louisiana Tech, Bowling Green, Green Bay, W. Illinois and IPFW to name a few, come to GF in the last couple years so it is possible.

Since joining the BSC, our OOC home games (DI only) are UMKC, Bowling Green (2012-13), SDSU, and NDSU (2013-14). Other OOC home games, Crown College, Presentation College twice, and UM-Morris. Not going to get many in the seats until conference play with the lack of OOC home games against DI teams.

Weren't Northern Iowa and Green Bay both 2 for 1's, during the transition? Correct me if I'm wrong but other schools that are similar to us don't really do 2 for 1's unless it's a P5 conference-if they can pull it off. I think that was more accepted during the transition for scheduling- but it's not something I see other schools similar to us doing with other similar schools...it's usually home and homes isn't it?

Weren't Northern Iowa and Green Bay both 2 for 1's, during the transition? Correct me if I'm wrong but other schools that are similar to us don't really do 2 for 1's unless it's a P5 conference-if they can pull it off. I think that was more accepted during the transition for scheduling- but it's not something I see other schools similar to us doing with other similar schools...it's usually home and homes isn't it?

NDSU did a 2 for 1 with Southern Miss of C-USA, maybe UND needs to do that just to get DI teams of other conferences whether its C-USA, Sun Belt, MWC, MAC, just anyone to come to the Betty. Just scheduling NDSU, and SDSU is not enough.

Here is the schedule for 2014-15:

Nov. 15: @ Northern Iowa

Nov. 18: vs. Mayville State

Nov. 21: @ South Dakota State

Nov. 26: @ Alabama State (In Utah)

Nov. 28: @ Utah

Nov. 29: @ Texas Pan-American (In Utah)

Dec. 6: @ Drake

Dec. 8: @ Minnesota

Dec. 13: @ NDSU

Dec. 19: vs Dickinson State

Dec. 22: @ Marquette

Jan. 1: @ Montana State

Jan. 3: @ Montana

Jan. 8: vs. Sac State

Jan. 10: vs. Portland State

Jan. 17: vs. Northern Colorado

Jan. 22: @ Idaho

Jan. 24: @ Eastern Washington

Jan. 29: vs. Weber State

Jan. 31: vs. Idaho State

Feb. 5: @ Southern Utah

Feb. 7: @ Northern Arizona

Feb. 12: vs. Montana

Feb. 14: vs. Montana State

Feb. 19: @ Portland State

Feb. 21: @ Sac State

Feb. 26: vs. Northern Arizona

Feb. 28: vs. Southern Utah

Mar. 3: vs. Nebraska Omaha (ESPN Bracket Busters)

Mar. 7: @ Northern Colorado

Mar. 12-14: Big Sky Tournament