SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Schedule

bincitysioux

As an outsider (Minnesota fan), how can Jones possibly be on the hot seat? In his first two Big Sky seasons, UND has performed well in the Big Sky regular season (12-8 both seasons) & postseason (semifinals followed by finals).

He is on the hot seat with the fans. That is because we had such high expectations with this past senior class and thought anything less than a Big Sky Championship was pretty much a bust. Also, throw in the fact that he hasn't coached his team to a non conference road win in I don't know how long and no "signature" wins. Personally I believe he deserves to be on the hot seat but I cannot see him being canned after this season even if we are terrible due to the roster turnover. I am interested to see what he can do without those seniors that he has relied upon for the last four years.

He is on the hot seat with the fans. That is because we had such high expectations with this past senior class and thought anything less than a Big Sky Championship was pretty much a bust. Also, throw in the fact that he hasn't coached his team to a non conference road win in I don't know how long and no "signature" wins. Personally I believe he deserves to be on the hot seat but I cannot see him being canned after this season even if we are terrible due to the roster turnover. I am interested to see what he can do without those seniors that he has relied upon for the last four years.

Last OOC road win was Feb 18, 2012 at Longwood, before that was Eastern Michigan at a tournament in Moscow, ID on Dec 4, 2010.

As an outsider (Minnesota fan), how can Jones possibly be on the hot seat? In his first two Big Sky seasons, UND has performed well in the Big Sky regular season (12-8 both seasons) & postseason (semifinals followed by finals).

Jones as met or exceeded expectations per various pre season basketball publications. He is one of the lowest paid coaches around and the school would have to bring in a real greenhorn coach or pony up a big raise to replace him. NDSU is paying their new coach Richman 170k and he was a nobody .

https://www.nmnathle...DB_OEM_ID=13500

Schedule has been released. Disappointing schedule in my mind. Only 12 home games and our first real one doesn't come until January.

Definitely need to get USD on the schedule and keep Omaha on it. Rotate UNO/USD/NDSU/SDSU with 2 home and 2 away ever year at least is a decent start for an OOC schedule.

Hopefully at least some of the road games will lead to a home game down the road. Decent OOC road schedule with last year final RPI's listed. Other than two of the games being played in the Utah tournament, pretty decent teams, but doesn't look like there will be a top 25 team on the schedule this year unless Pitino really gets Minnesota going.

UNI (112)

SDSU (143)

Alabama St (253) - neutral site

Utah (83)

UTPA (312) - neutral site

Drake (179)

Minnesota (34)

NDSU (32)

Marquette (94)

SCHEDULE BY THE NUMBERS

* 51 seasons since UND last played Marquette (Dec. 3, 1963)

* 31 seasons since UND last played Minnesota (Dec. 22, 1983)

* 30 total games

* 18 Big Sky Conference games

* 12 total home games

* 10 games against eight postseason teams from 2013-14, including NIT champion Minnesota

* 2 NCAA tournament teams from 2013-14 (North Dakota State and Weber State)

Definitely need to get USD on the schedule and keep Omaha on it. Rotate UNO/USD/NDSU/SDSU with 2 home and 2 away ever year at least is a decent start for an OOC schedule.

Hopefully at least some of the road games will lead to a home game down the road. Decent OOC road schedule with last year final RPI's listed. Other than two of the games being played in the Utah tournament, pretty decent teams, but doesn't look like there will be a top 25 team on the schedule this year unless Pitino really gets Minnesota going.

UNI (112)

SDSU (143)

Alabama St (253) - neutral site

Utah (83)

UTPA (312) - neutral site

Drake (179)

Minnesota (34)

NDSU (32)

Marquette (94)

It would be nice to win at least 4 of these games but we are probably favorites in only 2 of them.

Getting a little ahead of the topic, but the Herald says that UNI will be making a return trip to Grand Forks in 2015-2016. NDSU will also be coming to Grand Forks and I'd assume SDSU will as well. Not a bad start to the home OOC schedule for next year.

Getting a little ahead of the topic, but the Herald says that UNI will be making a return trip to Grand Forks in 2015-2016. NDSU will also be coming to Grand Forks and I'd assume SDSU will as well. Not a bad start to the home OOC schedule for next year.

Glad to see UNI come to town!