SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

If things go poorly in Buffalo tonight, will be interesting to see if Liepold forces Fletcher's hand with Mike Yeo.  

The Wild will be without Suter for 2 games, starting tonight, for a cheap elbow to the head vs. PIT on Tuesday.  

I have to think that if the Wild don't win a few games, Yeo is going to be gone. I had a friend send me this email. I don't know how true it is, but it sounds like what is coming out of Minnesota. Clayton Stoner basically said the same thing. 

My inside person has told me that the locker room situation has been very tense for a long time because of Yeo which is leading to the losses, not the losses leading to a tense locker room.  The young players are afraid of him, he has a doghouse where players never come back from (Zucker and Haula to name a couple), he is destroying the confidence of the goalies by putting unrealistic expectations on them to win the games,  and he overplays Koivu who should not be captain. I also heard he won’t take advice from players, even Parise. Instead he will berate them for even suggesting minor changes.  It’s all gossip (I think from a good source), but it also makes sense considering the context.

If you take the, “It’s the players job to play, the coach can’t play for them approach” which coach should ever be fired.  I always thought one of the jobs of the coach is to get the team to play to their potential and develop young players. Just my humble opinion.

Hang on to your seat. Wild are 2-0 after one in Buffalo. Dubnyk with 3 saves and stopped em all. I'm sure Backs would of found a way to let at least one in.

Forgot about the offensive juggernaut that is the Sabers.............