SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Last night was a good win...so was the game against Nashville...so was the game against Detroit...but the big question is what are they going to follow it up with?  I'll be happy if they don't follow it up with their worst game of the season (to date) which has seemed to be the trend lately. 

Last night was a good win...so was the game against Nashville...so was the game against Detroit...but the big question is what are they going to follow it up with?  I'll be happy if they don't follow it up with their worst game of the season (to date) which has seemed to be the trend lately.

This^^. I'm still pissed they let Boychuk go....

This^^. I'm still pissed they let Boychuk go....

I am too.  He was a heart-and-sould Bruin...kind of like Thornton, but I think they were fine letting Shawn go.  It seems like they're still dealing with losing Boychuck.

If Seidenberg and Chara were playing up to their "potential," it might not seem like such a glaring loss; but Seids hasn't been very impressive this year and Chara is definitely aging. 

Wild down 3-1 vs CHI w 13 to go in 3rd. SOG 29-16 MIN.

3 goals...on 16 shots.

Sounds like they've been talking to Carolina about Cam Ward but they better pick up the pace on those talks because they need a goalie real quick. The former Gopher Schroeder has had a nice game but hasn't been able to finish he might earn himself a chance to stay up with the big club.

I was at the Wild vs Blackhawks game tonight.

If you switched the goalies, the final score would also have switched ... Wild 4, Blackhawks 2.

Startling that the Wild have let it go this long ... just startling.

Goaltending is a huge issue but Zucker leads the team in goals. I think he is a good player but that fact says more about this teams lack of finishers more than anything else. They can't stop the puck and they can't score.......last time I checked that isn't a good combination.

Goaltending is a huge issue but Zucker leads the team in goals. I think he is a good player but that fact says more about this teams lack of finishers more than anything else. They can't stop the puck and they can't score.......last time I checked that isn't a good combination.

They score goals just not timely goals. They are 15th in the league in goals per game. 25th in the league in goals allowed. There lies the problem.

They score goals just not timely goals. They are 15th in the league in goals per game. 25th in the league in goals allowed. There lies the problem.

I have to think that the Wild are going to need to make a change at goaltending position soon. 

No, it would be a great move on Pittsburgh's part. Maybe if Boston wasn't so stupid to let him go a few years back... then maybe, just maybe they wouldn't be looking at needing a strong finish this year in order to just barely qualify for the playoffs. Boston didn't win the Stanley Cup in 2011 because they traded Kessel, they won the Stanley Cup in spite of the fact that they traded him. If you think otherwise you're wrong.

One of the top scorers in the league year-in and year-out... what a detriment to his team. :silly:

Man, some people are dense. LMAO!!! :lol:

Hey everybody, Dave K is back!

Taking bets on Mike Yeo tenure with Wild.

Over under at say 5 days.

I'll say under he will be gone after an ugly loss to Pittsburgh tomorrow night. Roenick was pretty much calling for a change in the postgame on NBCSN last night and I would agree you gotta make some kind of change while you still have a chance to save the season.