SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Gene Taylor will go down in history as the administrator who was afraid to take his football team to Grand Forks. He was so afraid to sign a deal for a game at UND that he ended up looking phony. He talked in circles so many times about why he could never get the game scheduled that he just kept looking more ridiculous all the time. A person could write a book about all the different reasons why the game didn't happen. The only problem was for every reason he said the game didn't happen he did just the contrary with another school. Definitely a black mark on his legacy. It is sad when hatred affects your ability to make wise decisions for what most of the people of North Dakota want.

You seriously cant be serious. Nobody who is anybody cares whether he scheduled you. Do you think that was a talking point during he Iowa interview? His legacy may be tarnished in your eyes because he didnt schedule you guys but nobody else cares.

I don't know is you are in any place to tell anyone to face facts.

John, you're trolling for the sake of trolling. I advise you to take BadlandsBison's advice on your home board and start to use your head.

JohnBoy, the adults are talking. Quiet down.

I think the reason NDSU doesn't want to schedule UND is very simple: to do so chips away at the illusion that the two schools play at different levels. NDSU currently gets most of media attention and recruits. If NDSU travels to UND, win or lose, the illusion is reduced. Traveling to EWU or Weber doesn't have that effect because most people in the area aren't familiar with those schools and both are outside of the shared recruiting area. Personally, I would like to see the game resumed, but in the current environment there doesn't seem to be a lot of upside for NDSU.

I've mentioned the "outta sight, outta mind" mentality over in hockey with respect to Minnesota and wanting North Dakota off the schedule - and I think there's some truth to this with respect to NDSU's thoughts on keeping UND football off the docket.

Indeed it is true.

You are now officially the black hole of the internet.

More if a coincidence than anything. Had the gentleman said... You know nothing of math.... Science... Philosophy... He would have had me. History.... I do well there.

Lets try getting a little closer to on topic again.

Ndsu scheduled another home and home big sky opponent.... Does this show there may be a willingness in the future to do the same with UND?

Also, i thought scheduling was strictly an AD's job... So who made the decision down there? Dorn? Bresciani? Little Bo Peep?

More if a coincidence than anything. Had the gentleman said... You know nothing of math.... Science... Philosophy... He would have had me. History.... I do well there.

A black hole, btw, is considered the most dense matter in the universe.

Dense.

Get it?

Probably not.... :lol:

Lets try getting a little closer to on topic again.

Ndsu scheduled another home and home big sky opponent.... Does this show there may be a willingness in the future to do the same with UND?

Also, i thought scheduling was strictly an AD's job... So who made the decision down there? Dorn? Bresciani? Little Bo Peep?

Deal's been under negotiation for four months. GT & CK signed it. JJ did a good chunk of the negotiating.

http://www.inforum.com/content/bison-eastern-washington-schedule-two-game-contract

And apparently BF has backtracked to the point of a 2-game contract with both games in Fargo just to get things started.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-football-faison-may-be-willing-sign-ndsu-rivalry-without-guarantee-game-gf

Deal's been under negotiation for four months. GT & CK signed it. JJ did a good chunk of the negotiating.

http://www.inforum.com/content/bison-eastern-washington-schedule-two-game-contract

And apparently BF has backtracked to the point of a 2-game contract with both games in Fargo just to get things started.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-football-faison-may-be-willing-sign-ndsu-rivalry-without-guarantee-game-gf

Thanks for the links. Reading how gene Taylor sent out proposals, changed his mind, and then changed his mind again, is quite amusing.... The guy must like arguing with himself.

If ndsu could afford to pay a decent guarantee comparable to what UND would get from an FBS team minus travel cost savings, I suppose two games in Fargo is a place to start- someone has to be the man in these negotiations and it sure doesn't appear anyone at ndsu is up for the role.

UND now considering taking the role of the bigger man and discussing the possibility of the first two games beng in Fargo just perpetuates the never-ending inferiority complex of FU. If this comes to pass, once again their insecure egos will be able to say "See now THIS really shows that we are better." Even though UND is and always will be The Flagship, continues to be #1 in the areas that really matter (hint it's not sports). What's ironic is they missed the chance to crush UND Football with the unlevel playing field they held because of the transition. All they have is mythical when it comes to football it never happened on the field and even having what many consider to be the best sports year in FU history they went 0-6 instate. UND Alums with lots of money must really want this game and I'm okay with that because obviously it is going to keep their donations coming. Otherwise UND wouldn't be considering it - follow the money it always leads to the answer.

• Upvote 1

UND now considering taking the role of the bigger man and discussing the possibility of the first two games beng in Fargo just perpetuates the never-ending inferiority complex of FU. If this comes to pass, once again their insecure egos will be able to say "See now THIS really shows that we are better." Even though UND is and always will be The Flagship, continues to be #1 in the areas that really matter (hint it's not sports). What's ironic is they missed the chance to crush UND Football with the unlevel playing field they held because of the transition. All they have is mythical when it comes to football it never happened on the field and even having what many consider to be the best sports year in FU history they went 0-6 instate. UND Alums with lots of money must really want this game and I'm okay with that because obviously it is going to keep their donations coming. Otherwise UND wouldn't be considering it - follow the money it always leads to the answer.

You're probably right about the money part. UND is paying for their past sins when RT held this famous press conference and announced to the world not only would have not schedule us in FB but all other sports. For a school just starting their transition this was a very big deal. (by the way the NCAA changed the FB rule that summer) UND can't stand the success NDSU has had that's what forced them to follow and now that UND's FB program is irreverent UND wants a game to kick start that.

John: Watching a television show does not make you an expert in a subject. If it did, we'd have a plethora of female brain surgeons because they ogled "McDreamy" on "Grey's Anatomy".

(Great thanks to a lovely lady who also reads here for that one.)

Please drop this "Flagship" crap. It should embarrass us all that neither school makes the top 400 in Forbes rankings or the top 150 in US News rankings. This wouldn't be the case if either school or the state took "areas that really matter" seriously.

• Upvote 2