SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Obviously, 2 games in Fargo is not ideal, but I'm just glad the rivalry is being renewed.  As a UND student back in tha day my favorite days of the year were always Sioux-Bisen football, SpringFest & Sioux-Gophers hockey (in that order).  Glad to see that Sioux-Bisen experience is being brought back for the program, students, fans & alumni.

Just a thought... Realistically, UND will  be a big underdog in that 2015 game.  But, what IF, just IF... UND knocks off the mighty bisen that first game??? The ol' bisen faithful gotta sit & stew over that til 2019.  ;) Nothing would be better!

That's why they play game...

Bison fan here.  Serious question, will the NCAA agreement in anyway keep from playing for the Nickel?

I believe items of historical significance, such as the Nickel, are ok with the nc$$.  We get to keep our Sioux championship banners and that kind of stuff.

I keep reading about the "respect" UND deserves...NDSU is the 3 time defending NC and UND is coming off a stellar 3 win season.  Earning respect has to start somewhere, it isn't just given...2015 is that chance.

I keep reading about the "respect" UND deserves...NDSU is the 3 time defending NC and UND is coming off a stellar 3 win season.  Earning respect has to start somewhere, it isn't just given...2015 is that chance.

Weber St.

I believe items of historical significance, such as the Nickel, are ok with the nc$$.  We get to keep our Sioux championship banners and that kind of stuff.

But will play for it take it from "history" to current?  It is an accurate depiction of a legal tender nickel, so I can't see the issue, but I am not an anti-nickname person, either.

Too bad a minority of UND fans seem unable to get by the fascination/obsession with the AC. Win against the premier teams in the Big Sky and UND will have established its credibility without accepting a one-sided deal that is an insult to the institution, its fanbase and its players.

This.

• Upvote 2

Too bad a minority of UND fans seem unable to get by the fascination/obsession with the AC. Win against the premier teams in the Big Sky and UND will have established its credibility without accepting a one-sided deal that is an insult to the institution, its fanbase and its players.

UND-NDSU will create 10x the hype of any Big Sky game UND ever plays, even if it's for the Big Sky championship. Also, UND-NDSU affects recruiting in North Dakota and Minnesota more than the Big Sky Conference does.

How about win the Big Sky Conference and beat NDSU all in the same season? That should be the goal.

Obviously some have not witnessed a UND-NDSU football game in person...

The road to become the best team in ND goes through Fargo. Even if we don't win and just show that we can compete it will destroy the current aura around the NDSU program.