SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Think they used fake ice the few times figure skating was in the FD. Polymer sheets that lock together.

You're joking, right? They a full figure skating event there after the 1994 Olympics with Nancy Kerrigan, and a bunch of the Olympic skaters. It was definitely on real ice.

You're joking, right? They a full figure skating event there after the 1994 Olympics with Nancy Kerrigan, and a bunch of the Olympic skaters. It was definitely on real ice.

I'm thinking of something that happened much later that involved skating. Maybe mid/late-2000s. Definitely not Olympic level stuff. This group used synthetic ice. Might have even been one of those "<insert_here> on Ice".

I also believe that part of the issue was voters in Fargo not wanting an increase in taxes to pay for a new hockey arena. This was like 12 years ago when the idea of NDSU getting D1 hockey was begin floated around.

I had heard that there's a major NDSU donor that doesn't want hockey, and said he would pull his funding if NDSU decided to start a hockey team. I have no idea how much truth there is to this... Maybe one our NDSU buddies can confirm or kill this.

I had heard that there's a major NDSU donor that doesn't want hockey, and said he would pull his funding if NDSU decided to start a hockey team. I have no idea how much truth there is to this... Maybe one our NDSU buddies can confirm or kill this.

I know there are some that wouldnt support the move but I havent heard anything about pulling $$$$$$ if they went down that road.

If Inniger couldn't sell the hockey program playing in a freaking downtown arena, i don't believe anybody can. Even with the word "downtown" attached to that project, which is guaranteed to get some level of support, it went down in a landslide.

For goodness' sake, the forum is now endorsing a downtown convention center location which is projected to operate at an annual 600k-700k deficit, rather than the dome (projected at a profit).

There's just not enough support to add hockey at the ac in Fargo, even with a brand new downtown arena.

If Inniger couldn't sell the hockey program playing in a freaking downtown arena, i don't believe anybody can. Even with the word "downtown" attached to that project, which is guaranteed to get some level of support, it went down in a landslide.

For goodness' sake, the forum is now endorsing a downtown convention center location which is projected to operate at an annual 600k-700k deficit, rather than the dome (projected at a profit).

There's just not enough support to add hockey at the ac in Fargo, even with a brand new downtown arena.

Inniger can only pick low hanging fruit. He couldn't sell a dead man a tombstone.

I think I speak for many when I say that I have no interest in what sports NDSU should/should not add to their program. There is so much to look forward to in UND sports in the coming years to focus on. Whether or not the two teams end up playing in football also is not as high on my list as it was 10 years ago - our football schedule is once again one of the best in the country. The history books show that UND owned SU the last decade they played, owned them over the course of the rivalry that book can close.

• Upvote 1

I think I speak for many when I say that I have no interest in what sports NDSU should/should not add to their program. There is so much to look forward to in UND sports in the coming years to focus on. Whether or not the two teams end up playing in football also is not as high on my list as it was 10 years ago - our football schedule is once again one of the best in the country. The history books show that UND owned SU the last decade they played, owned them over the course of the rivalry that book can close.

This is where I am as well. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, the sky isn't going to cave in. The future looks bright and that is what I am focused on.

Had to throw in the last sentence to give the FU trolls their daily opportunity to defend FU's honor.

This is where I am as well. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, the sky isn't going to cave in. The future looks bright and that is what I am focused on.

Me too. If Faison fills the spot with NDSU fine, if he fills that and 2017 with a home and home of another DI team...even better.

True. But the trust level wasn't there as most saw it as a basketball arena for NDSU with the hockey being a charade.

Me too. If Faison fills the spot with NDSU fine, if he fills that and 2017 with a home and home of another DI team...even better.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it would be better to schedule another DI team, because I'm not going to try hide it; UND-NDSU is the best matchup in terms of hype/revenue/attendance for both schools.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it would be better to schedule another DI team, because I'm not going to try hide it; UND-NDSU is the best matchup in terms of hype/revenue/attendance for both schools.

I am just saying if UND can get a H/H instead of waiting for one game even if its NDSU to go ahead and book it. Because that way barring any backouts, UND is set through the 2017 schedule, 3 years of not worrying about finding a team to play. Yes I would love to see a UND-NDSU game and without GT there it seems more likely it will happen in the regular season, but if a H/H comes up with someone else...take it.