SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison players charged..part II

darell1976

I stopped by to check out Bisonville and they in general are very obsessed with UND as usual. They like to make fun about how bad our sports programs are and we shouldn't have a Junior Champions Kids Club. They must really have some bad memories down there. It seems to me we own them in all the major sports they are willing to play us in. We smoked them in Men's basketball and Volleyball. We beat them in Women's basketball and Soccer . If a person was unaware you might think the results were just opposite of what they really are. The conclusion is that they are apparently unaware at NDSU.

Volleyball and soccer are "major sports"? lol

Soccer is not a major sport. I consider a Volleyball a major sport though. Attendance is good and it is growing. We did beat you in all the major sports that you would play us in.

Remember President Bresciani said FU won't play us until UND is good...then at that time they will come up with some other excuse.

Yah but you guys pride yourselves on a "well-rounded" athletic department where you support all sports. Remember?

Fall: football is great.

Winter: men's ball and wrestling both had great seasons.

Spring: softball is good. Baseball is OK I think?

Track is pretty good I think. Volleyball is typically good. Lately.... Not so much.

Seems reasonably well rounded no? Depends on your definition I suppose.

Were you guys saying something? I was busy reading http://www.grandfork...-third-year-row

Thank you for the link.

It's great to read articles like this about our student athletes academic performance. I saw what I thought was a similar article on FU's academic achievements. However upon reading it, I learned that GPA down there is usually in reference to Goats Per Acre. 3.0 to 4.0 Goats Per Acre is the optimal grazing animal units on Bresciani's back lawn.

Fall: football is great.

Winter: men's ball and wrestling both had great seasons.

Spring: softball is good. Baseball is OK I think?

Track is pretty good I think. Volleyball is typically good. Lately.... Not so much.

Seems reasonably well rounded no? Depends on your definition I suppose.

Women's basketball and soccer? Your baseball is not good. Dont dismiss these sports either because NDSU cares about all teams.

I stopped by to check out Bisonville and they in general are very obsessed with UND as usual. They like to make fun about how bad our sports programs are and we shouldn't have a Junior Champions Kids Club. They must really have some bad memories down there. It seems to me we own them in all the major sports they are willing to play us in. We smoked them in Men's basketball and Volleyball. We beat them in Women's basketball and Soccer . If a person was unaware you might think the results were just opposite of what they really are. The conclusion is that they are apparently unaware at NDSU.

Well, they were all home games for UND. We spend so much of our resources on hockey that we can't afford bus fare to Fargo? ????

Well, they were all home games for UND. We spend so much of our resources on hockey that we can't afford bus fare to Fargo? ????

And the year before all of the games were played in Fargo. Are you saying FU spent all of their resources on football that they counldn't afford bus fare to GF? SMH.....

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised we would get them in baseball too. And of course we did. We just seem to beat them in everything. Even though their football team is better than ours, I am convinced we would beat them in football if they were wiling to play us. I guess we will probably never know. We did at least beat them in football the last time we played. My memories of UND/Bison football games are great . I didn't move here till the early 90's, but all I remember is UND dominating NDSU. I don't blame NDSU for not wanting to schedule UND. They are afraid of what might happen. I have this feeling NDSU is probably not going to want to schedule UND in any sport anymore. They will find an excuse why they can't make the games work into their schedule. . The continual losses have got to be tough to swallow.

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised we would get them in baseball too. And of course we did. We just seem to beat them in everything. Even though their football team is better than ours, I am convinced we would beat them in football if they were wiling to play us. I guess we will probably never know. We did at least beat them in football the last time we played. My memories of UND/Bison football games are great . I didn't move here till the early 90's, but all I remember is UND dominating NDSU. I don't blame NDSU for not wanting to schedule UND. They are afraid of what might happen. I have this feeling NDSU is probably not going to want to schedule UND in any sport anymore. They will find an excuse why they can't make the games work into their schedule. . The continual losses have got to be tough to swallow.

Good thing you weren't here in the 80's, the 49-0 drubbing every year was horrible to watch. I think they would have destroyed our Muss-led defense. 91 and 92 was down to the wire close losses and in 93 UND needed something to turn the series around (which was at 12 losses straight), enter Mooney's fumble return and 10 out of 13 wins over the Bison. Now because of the void all we have is stats and history, not a real game to ponder over. That is what we need..one game in the present to see where both teams stack up against one another. By the time we play each other flying cars and hovercrafts will be everywhere.

I don't think we would have beat them

In football the last three years. They were natl champs for a reason. They were/are darn good.

No way. I love UND as much as anyone, but there is just no way. NDSU had an incredible year (or 3), and UND's was flat out embarrassing. Luckily, momentum can swing big, and fast in college sports and the tides could soon turn, but this year the gap between the two schools was incredible.

But the reality is right now it's a mythical buttfootball victory for FU. During the history of the FU/UND game there were plenty of stretches where UND won many years in a row and FU won many years in a row. There were times when the team that was ranked higher did not win the rivalry game. History does show:

Team that won the last time they played: UND

Team that won the most in the last decade they played: UND

Team that won the most over the entire course of the rivalry: UND

Team that won the most when FU trolls get to pick the time line: Yup

• Upvote 1