SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison players charged..part II

darell1976

I guess if your idea of full D1 means beating a bunch of mostly D2 and D3 schools I guess you are right.

They compete and fund hockey at the D1 level. Does your NCAA basketball win mean less since you fund football at the FCS level instead of the FBS level?

They compete and fund hockey at the D1 level. Does your NCAA basketball win mean less since you fund football at the FCS level instead of the FBS level?

Non- Scholarship DIII team won - WOW it must be tough to compete with them. Yale the year before.

Non- Scholarship DIII team won - WOW it must be tough to compete with them. Yale the year before.

Just like NDSU competes in DI wrestling with colleges like Edinboro, Bloomsburg, Clarion, Frankin & Marshall. What Power 5 conferences are those schools in? Big 12? ACC?

http://i2.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa7/release/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/wrestling_di_2014.pdf

Just like NDSU competes in DI wrestling with colleges like Edinboro, Bloomsburg, Clarion, Frankin & Marshall. What Power 5 conferences are those schools in? Big 12? ACC?

http://i2.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa7/release/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/wrestling_di_2014.pdf

Only two non BCS schools have won.... UNI and Cornell. I'm not going to pimp wrestling as God's Gift to college athletics.... But winning one of those titles is damn near impossible outside of a few schools.

Only two non BCS schools have won.... UNI and Cornell. I'm not going to pimp wrestling as God's Gift to college athletics.... But winning one of those titles is damn near impossible outside of a few schools.

But yet you guys criticize UND for playing with DII and DIII schools, what division is Franklin and Marshall?? It sure the hell isn't DI.

But yet you guys criticize UND for playing with DII and DIII schools, what division is Franklin and Marshall?? It sure the hell isn't DI.

Feel free to take a peak at NDSU's wrestling schedule.

Feel free to take a peak at NDSU's wrestling schedule.

What DI opponent are you referring to on NDSU's schedule? U of Mary, Concordia, MSUM, Southern Oregon, Edinboro. Those are teams NDSU faced in invitational games (Bison Open, Dragon Open) still counts.

What DI opponent are you referring to on NDSU's schedule? U of Mary, Concordia, MSUM, Southern Oregon, Edinboro. Those are teams NDSU faced in invitational games (Bison Open, Dragon Open) still counts.

Lol local tourneys.

I'm talking the actual schedule.

Wrestling, Lacrosse, Hockey, FCS football....it is all DI. The NCAA designates them all as being DI. Not sure why this needs to be so complicated for some people.

I dare you to print that on Bisonville.

Lol local tourneys.

I'm talking the actual schedule.

http://gobison.com/n...?path=wrestling

North Dakota State senior 165-pound wrestler Steven Monk advanced to the semifinals of the prestigious Midlands Championships for the second consecutive year on Sunday, going 3-0 inside Welsh-Ryan Arena at Northwestern University.

Seems like a big deal.

North Dakota State senior 165-pound wrestler Steven Monk advanced to the semifinals of the prestigious Midlands Championships for the second consecutive year on Sunday, going 3-0 inside Welsh-Ryan Arena at Northwestern University.

Seems like a big deal.

Beat the kid from Iowa. Very big deal for Monk.

So instead of just looking at the schedule..... And the list of division one teams.... You decide to look at a tourney for non division one opponents.. Feel free to look up the division 1 wrestling programs. Should be around 90% division 1 schools I believe.

Seems like a big deal.

So instead of just looking at the schedule..... And the list of division one teams.... You decide to look at a tourney for non division one opponents.. Feel free to look up the division 1 wrestling programs. Should be around 90% division 1 schools I believe.

So you dismiss all the DI schools in college hockey and say its just a bunch of DII and DIII schools. Iowa is a big name wrestling school I think everyone knows that. Just like UND/MInnesota/Michigan are big name hockey schools in the hockey world. I am sure Monk will go on to the next level...what ever that is since I believe wrestling is no longer in the Olympics (watch out Hulk Hogan).

So you dismiss all the DI schools in college hockey and say its just a bunch of DII and DIII schools. Iowa is a big name wrestling school I think everyone knows that. Just like UND/MInnesota/Michigan are big name hockey schools in the hockey world. I am sure Monk will go on to the next level...what ever that is since I believe wrestling is no longer in the Olympics (watch out Hulk Hogan).

Ufc/mma would be his option.

Wrestling is going to remain in the Olympics.