SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison players charged..part II

darell1976

except theres a very good chance the spring game drew higher ratings than the playoff hockey game would have locally. theres obviously a market if theyre showing the spring game in the first place. the last two years must have had decent numbers or they wouldnt have put it on tv again this season

Yeah, probably not...

except theres a very good chance the spring game drew higher ratings than the playoff hockey game would have locally. theres obviously a market if theyre showing the spring game in the first place. the last two years must have had decent numbers or they wouldnt have put it on tv again this season

I'd be interested in how many other markets did an fcs practice game get shown over the Stanley cup playoffs.

I'd be interested in how many other markets did an fcs practice game get shown over the Stanley cup playoffs.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a current FCS team that has won back to back to back titles like the Bison. I believe they have a good reason to televise their spring game.

Or there is a contract that says they need to televise spring game.

The question is why on the main NBC channel? Why not on me tv channel? And it's almost as if they are intentionally putting these on over NHL games.

Because NBC ND knows a good relationship with NDSU is much more lucrative than some meaningless playoff game that involves two teams nobody in ND cares about. Hate to break it to you.

The ratings NDSU football delivers in the fall are absolute gold for NBC ND.

Because NBC ND knows a good relationship with NDSU is much more lucrative than some meaningless playoff game that involves two teams nobody in ND cares about. Hate to break it to you.

The ratings NDSU football delivers in the fall are absolute gold for NBC ND.

When Bison fans complain about a meaningless practice over NHL playoffs you have a problem and KVLY knows it f-d up. If it was a game that's one thing but a meaningless practice that's ridiculous.

When Bison fans complain about a meaningless practice over NHL playoffs you have a problem and KVLY knows it f-d up. If it was a game that's one thing but a meaningless practice that's ridiculous.

I don't think kvly knows it f-d up though. I know they make more money when they preempt national programming for local programming they put out with advertising dollars. Good for them. But their timing is very suspect. So they won a few national fcs titles. That supposedly makes their practice more important than a Stanley cup playoff game? So it was basketball senior night. That is more important than a key outdoor NHL game? If they are gonna be butt buddies with ndsu why don't they plan ahead and fill their infomercial hours over the weekend?

A few people complained? So what?

Some people watched the meaninglessness practice and NDSU is happy. That is what KVLY cares about. Like I said NDSU football is big ratings, it is the biggest media prize in the state. If NDSU wants a few basketball games and the spring game televised you do it.

Not sure, that number is tied to advertising sales.

You sure about that? Why would either party agree to that? KVLY is taking on all the costs (and thus the risk) by producing so why would they share what they are earning and why wouldn't NDSU guarantee themselves a set amount every year regardless of what KVLY does? That would be pretty non-standard if correct unless there is some other reason behind it.

I don't think kvly knows it f-d up though. I know they make more money when they preempt national programming for local programming they put out with advertising dollars. Good for them. But their timing is very suspect. So they won a few national fcs titles. That supposedly makes their practice more important than a Stanley cup playoff game? So it was basketball senior night. That is more important than a key outdoor NHL game? If they are gonna be butt buddies with ndsu why don't they plan ahead and fill their infomercial hours over the weekend?

Then why don't they dump NBC and strike out on their own? I get tired of local affiliates whining about not having all the advertising revenues to themselves. That's part of the trade-off of being an affiliate for a national TV network; don't like it, don't do it. ???

I guess the people will make themselves heard if they are really ticked off with KVLY for showing the Bison Spring Game instead of the NHL playoffs. The letters, phone calls and e-mails will flow in and if it's negative enough, they won't do it next year. Wonder what they will try next, preempting daytime soaps for Bison practice during the regular season? :silly:

Then why don't they dump NBC and strike out on their own? I get tired of local affiliates whining about not having all the advertising revenues to themselves. That's part of the trade-off of being an affiliate for a national TV network; don't like it, don't do it. ???

I guess the people will make themselves heard if they are really ticked off with KVLY for showing the Bison Spring Game instead of the NHL playoffs. The letters, phone calls and e-mails will flow in and if it's negative enough, they won't do it next year. Wonder what they will try next, preempting daytime soaps for Bison practice during the regular season? :silly:

Just wait until MidcoSN sucks the Bison into a sweet deal they can't refuse, KVLY will left with hockey, and infomercials.

You guys have you're own ABC affiliate up there in grand forks, get your own NBC one as well.

Why should they? KVLY represents the Far.....I mean the whole valley which is why they changed their name from KTHI to KVLY. And what does ABC have to do with this when UND is under contract with MidcoSN. People aren't upset about the UND spring game not on tv it's the Bison practice taking precident over the Stanley Cup playoffs (not a hockey practice, not a regular season game but a playoff hockey game).

Why should they? KVLY represents the Far.....I mean the whole valley which is why they changed their name from KTHI to KVLY. And what does ABC have to do with this when UND is under contract with MidcoSN. People aren't upset about the UND spring game not on tv it's the Bison practice taking precident over the Stanley Cup playoffs (not a hockey practice, not a regular season game but a playoff hockey game).

This is so much fun.

I stopped by to check out Bisonville and they in general are very obsessed with UND as usual. They like to make fun about how bad our sports programs are and we shouldn't have a Junior Champions Kids Club. They must really have some bad memories down there. It seems to me we own them in all the major sports they are willing to play us in. We smoked them in Men's basketball and Volleyball. We beat them in Women's basketball and Soccer . If a person was unaware you might think the results were just opposite of what they really are. The conclusion is that they are apparently unaware at NDSU.

I stopped by to check out Bisonville and they in general are very obsessed with UND as usual. They like to make fun about how bad our sports programs are and we shouldn't have a Junior Champions Kids Club. They must really have some bad memories down there. It seems to me we own them in all the major sports they are willing to play us in. We smoked them in Men's basketball and Volleyball. We beat them in Women's basketball and Soccer . If a person was unaware you might think the results were just opposite of what they really are. The conclusion is that they are apparently unaware at NDSU.

I think you must have seen an illusion, because they are over us, SDSU and UNI is their rivals.

I think we won another title this year and a game in the dance. I can't be sure though. My memory is not so good.