SiouxSports.com Forum

So now what???

GO_FIGHTING_SIOUX_GO

So now that hockey seasons over what is everyones plans. Mine are get the cabin and boat ready and bring on summer. Can't wait for October though GO SIOUX!!!

I have work to do on my 1979 MGB and then to drive it around all summer, have two Canadian fishing trips (well north of Winnipeg) totaling sixteen days, possibly attend the air show at Oshkosh, attend the International Barbershop Quartet competition in Minneapolis, and attend a high school class reunion. That gets me to about mid-August. Then there will be a couple more fishing trips to Lake of the Woods. That just about gets me to hockey season.

• Upvote 1

I haven't quite decided on off-season plans just yet...was thinking either car in the garage with the engine running or cyanide capsule.

Good stuff :lol:

I'm trying to keep my depression to myself and not be pissy, esp towards my wife, as she tolerates a lot with my winter long obsession.

Next on the agenda...a meandering backpacking trip around Europe in May. That will be immediately followed by a summer full of triathlons and other such races, backcountry camping trips in New England and eastern Canada, hiking the northern part of the Appalachian trail, and white water rafting on a Class V river.

All in all, the off-season sounds pretty bleak for me... :D

Well, it was not so much the loss that hurt, but the way we lost and whom we lost to. Not to mention the boys played one of there best games of the season. Go Union tomorrow night, then I'll be anxiously awaiting the NFL draft in May. Then I get to meet my little man, and future Sioux player, at the end of May. College hockey season will be back soon enough, and we should have a very strong team for at least the next two years. Can't wait! Go Sioux!

I am going up the shack in Starkweather and check beer for quality control on my deck and by the fire pit. I am going to howl at the moon with the Coyotes and mow, mow, mow grass at the shack. Hopefully a fishing trip or two.

The ironic thing with all of this is I grew up a huge Gopher fan. My dad had season ticket for YEARS. Then I started at UND in fall of 03 and changes quickly (as did my parents). I saw back to back Championships for the Goofs right before going to UND, and I cannot wait to see UND raise that banner. Go Sioux!

In the immediate term, we Sioux fans still in Philly will "Unionize" to support the Dutchmen tonight against the Gophers.

Less and less impressed with the Minnesota fan base in aggregate. Doubt tonight's game, whether they win or lose, will do a thing to change my overall impression. Some of the more reasonable members of the fan base get tarred and feathered by the same broad brush because they stand too near the arrogant idiots wearing identical sweaters. Riots in Dinkytown? What absolute stupidity and lawless mob mentality! "Young and dumb" is a poor defense for this kind of criminal behavior. Grow up!

After tonight's game, it's 6 months of wishing it were hockey season. We'll miss the seniors, as we do every year, but come October, the boys will skate on a clean ice sheet and hope will once again stir for raising a national championship banner. It's going to happen. You've got to come along on the ride.

• Upvote 1