SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

We need some news (good, of course) regarding the upcoming season so we have something to talk about. It's awfully quiet around here.

At this time of year, there's a good chance that any kind of news will not be of the "good" kind.

RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:)

One of the quietest that I have ever seen. it's dead. But that could be good, no leagues are blowing up, yet. It looks like the early departures are over, so this could be a good thing.

http://www.gopherspo.../100305aaa.html

Preseason polls are obviously terrible however the USA today rankings, and USCHO rankings for that matter, are beyond terrible. How is Miami not higher in either poll? They are loaded up front. They had an odd year last year but I, for one, feel they will bounce back strong. Also, why is Denver ranked so high. They are a good team, definitely, but favorites to be a 1-2 in the country good. Might be a stretch. Biasedly I suppose, UND should be ranked better than Denver. Also CC being ranked ahead of UND, they were beyond terrible last year and lost arguably their best player.

We'll let the season play out I guess :) I have high hopes for this team.

http://www.gopherspo.../100305aaa.html

Preseason polls are obviously terrible however the USA today rankings, and USCHO rankings for that matter, are beyond terrible. How is Miami not higher in either poll? They are loaded up front. They had an odd year last year but I, for one, feel they will bounce back strong. Also, why is Denver ranked so high. They are a good team, definitely, but favorites to be a 1-2 in the country good. Might be a stretch. Biasedly I suppose, UND should be ranked better than Denver. Also CC being ranked ahead of UND, they were beyond terrible last year and lost arguably their best player.

I had to dig back in the memory archives to recall the 2005-2006 season mentioned in the link you posted. The Frozen Four consisted of North Dakota, Maine, Boston College, and Wisconsin.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...