SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

@UNDSID: "Haj, can I tweet 'hashtag fire Hak?" -- UND player to me in the locker room after last night's game.

m.twitter.com/UNDSID

:lol: classic.

I would've like to see the game last night be played on an acceptable ice surface. so many turnovers and missed passes happened because of the crappy ice and inferior boards. (both teams) i think it had much to do with the plodding flow of play last night. ugly to watch.

In my opinion, one of the major factors to winning this game is the strength and conditioning coach. People may scratch thier heads and say WHAT?? This game was clogged up for the most part until OT. You could see Ferris St start to slow down in OT. There were no TV timeouts to get a breath for either team. I saw that UND was really starting to take it to them and they didn't have the answer for our conditioning program. This is where Ralph may have won this game for UND.

Don't take this the wrong way, but that may have been the worst three periods (2nd - 1st OT) I have seen this team play all season. They were getting beat to every puck, they were playing way too conservative and they were making simple mistakes everywhere. We have seen that from our forwards but I felt, during that timespan, even our D looked so bad. I don't know how many times a Ferris forward did the old between the stick, or legs, etc. Our D/forwards weren't even being the slightest bit physical (besides Rodwell). I have watched Ferris play 3-4 times this year and they are not the dominant team we watched last night, they simply were playing against a team that looked terrible. In saying that, Gothberg looked awesome! Yes, he gave up one of the weaker goals he's let in all season but he also had some beauts too. The boys looked bad for three straight periods however came out hard in the 2OT, you have to appreciate that (I wonder how Hak did that? Awesome).

To say the better team lost is absolutely true as it pertains to last night only, we were better than those guys they just outworked us last night. I was not happy to see our boys play so bad but I am finally glad that we win a game even if we aren't playing the best. I never thought we would make it this far this year but I am glad. The boys need to forget about last night and focus on their next opponent.

Agree with everything you said. I was getting frustrated with the boys last night only because i know they can play so much better than how they played last night. Glad they came out with the win though. GO SIOUX!!