SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 SiouxSports bracket challenge

jimdahl

Speaking of the USCHO bracket challenge -- when I started making brackets here 11 years ago, no one else did yet. Now that other people have big contests where you can make private groups but still participate in the pool at large, should we just migrate over there in future years?

Keep it here!

4-0 baby! I'd like to claim that I'm some sort of hockey Rasputin, but, alas, I'm tied with 39 others!

Nonetheless...it's Minnesota, Notre Dame, UMass-Lowell, and Boston College winning tomorrow...

Haha me too, 4-0! This has been my best bracket start in recent memory. I do have Denver beating BC though so I'm sure today may bring me down slightly, hopefully not the Sioux vs ferris game :)

So do you hope your picks win (mainly the favorites) or do you hope for upsets so that UND has a better chance

I'd gladly blow up my bracket to see a Frozen three of Providence College, Denver, and Minnesota State along with North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

So do you hope your picks win (mainly the favorites) or do you hope for upsets so that UND has a better chance

This is a great question. As long as UND is alive in the tournament, I would personally rather have underdogs win so that, theoretically, North Dakota's road to a title is easier.

But the problem is that so much of that is perception. I've got Denver over Boston College in my bracket because I think Brittain is as good as it gets and BC is rusty. If Denver wins, it's technically an upset, but it also means that the Pioneers are playing well and getting hot at the right time.

It's always scary to run up against a Minnesota or Boston College with everything on the line and so much baggage and history in those rivalries. But it also makes the victories sweeter and adds another chapter to the stories.

In the long run, very few will remember the road that a team had to take to win a national championship. Teams just need to beat whoever is in front of them.

Dave

I apologize to Wisconsin for wrecking their chances by picking them. UND will not be affected whatsoever by my picks after yesterday because I did not pick good things for them. (First time in a while, I didn't select them to win every game up to the national championship)

I've already picked the University of Minnesota as the national champions. So they'll likely play their last game this weekend.

Glad I'm not superstitious.