SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. MIAMI OH - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

We shouldn't loose any players in the off season to the nhl because I don't think they'd want any of them after this years preformance

I don't think the issue is losing anyone because no one on this team is even AHL ready. The issue is can we add (or do we have) any high end offensive talent coming in. A lot to ask from incoming freshmen but we need scorers desperately!

I think Florida might want Grimaldi to leave because his development seems to have stalled here. I love watching him play, but I'm not sure if he is any better now than when he came in and Florida may want to shake something up with his development.

It would be cool for Rocco but I think he would need some work on finding the back of the net

We shouldn't loose any players in the off season to the nhl because I don't think they'd want any of them after this years preformance

Schmaltz is probably the only guy that could leave IF he wanted and I don't think he does. That being said, I think he could be great next year with the new class of talent. We don't really have any great offense. Johnson shows some promise, but we definitely need some new scoring to come in.

No finishers! They relied heavy in d scoring all year. That's what happens when you wiff on 4/5 major junior kids then have to replace them with players not even close in regards to talent. Same damn system over and over and over. How many time does Hak say we don't worry about the other team as we concentrate on our game blah blah....at some point adjustments are needed. What a crap ass game. Sioux coaches/players lay egg scratch that I mean UND lays egg as this isn't even a shade of Sioux hockey! This team had 3 chances to make the NCAA way easier and crapoed the bed all 3 times.first for the NCHC title then going 3 with CC and now this. Bottom line this team is what it is.

I think Florida might want Grimaldi to leave because his development seems to have stalled here. I love watching him play, but I'm not sure if he is any better now than when he came in and Florida may want to shake something up with his development.

I hope he stays, but I think you make a good point. He could be great with the right talent around him, but he may leave just for a new opportunity to showcase his talent. We'll see.

Haskol needs better resources. Can we add a few stories to the Ralph? Maybe get some more granite?

Only resources he needs is a washing machine and some bleach for the jock straps and yes more granite would be ok for him to wash floors with his toothbrush if he doesn't like his new duties he can leave

Schmaltz will go no where at the end of the season, his brother is more than likely here next year. Rocco can't go anywhere. I don't think halston should be fired, this team lacks maturity. Wisconsin, Lowell, an us win tomorow and we're in. Quit looking forward to next year and look forward to tomorrow, the season hasn't ended.

• Upvote 1

Schmaltz is probably the only guy that could leave IF he wanted and I don't think he does. That being said, I think he could be great next year with the new class of talent. We don't really have any great offense. Johnson shows some promise, but we definitely need some new scoring to come in.

I personally think schmaltz has regressed the last 4-5 weeks. He was absolutely dominant there for a while, but has been just average and not near as noticeable lately.

Schmaltz will go no where at the end of the season, his brother is more than likely here next year. Rocco can't go anywhere. I don't think halston should be fired, this team lacks maturity. Wisconsin, Lowell, an us win tomorow and we're in. Quit looking forward to next year and look forward to tomorrow, the season hasn't ended.

Love everything about this post! GO SIOUX!!! get in the tourney and its a new season!

The way we played tonight in all honesty we don't belong in the NCAA tourney. If we happen to somehow slip in I don't see us getting past the first game. This team just isn't that good this year and it certainly is a tough pill to swallow for us fans.

• Upvote 1

True we are looking ahead. But we all hope this season isn't over we're just ranting a bit over a brutal shut out lose

Sioux played inconsistent like they have all year long. I've thrown them under the bus before, but I won't again. They are what they are. Not a ton of top end talent, and just an average hockey team overall.

I'll show up tomorrow and cheer my @ss off for them. And the next game, and the game after that.

Its been kind of a week month personally for me. Former student I taught took his own life, and my best friend in the whole wide world is dealing with cancer with multiple members of his family. Little things like college hockey keep me upbeat. And win or lose, Sioux hockey is a great release from the things that truly matter in life.

• Upvote 2

Travis didn't wait around for Darcy.

I personally think schmaltz has regressed the last 4-5 weeks. He was absolutely dominant there for a while, but has been just average and not near as noticeable lately.

Which is not all bad, he is a guy who should stay and develop. Can anyone imagine if we had Nelson here as a senior. That is the scoring touch we lack

The way we played tonight in all honesty we don't belong in the NCAA tourney. If we happen to somehow slip in I don't see us getting past the first game. This team just isn't that good this year and it certainly is a tough pill to swallow for us fans.

If we can get in anything can happen. Remember Yale - that was one mediocre team and they are the defending national champs. But we will have to be way better tomorrow to even win our game and then will still need help.