SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. MIAMI OH - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

This will be closer than either game in GF a few weeks back. Bottom line Miami's play in their D zone is generally atrocious at best game in and game out.

UND 5-4 with Miami scoring late to make the last couple minutes interesting.

This will be closer than either game in GF a few weeks back. Bottom line Miami's play in their D zone is generally atrocious at best game in and game out.

Great. First you pick Oklahoma by 20 and now THIS? Cue Miami rolling the Sioux to the golf course...it's all on YOU.

Great. First you pick Oklahoma by 20 and now THIS? Cue Miami rolling the Sioux to the golf course...it's all on YOU.

On me?? Least I don't have the curse of Red around my neck!! But I do have tee times in PHX next week if some of the guys are free by chance................

the keys to the game are really pretty simple- stay out of the box - quick feet - get pucks to the net and grind ! - old time sioux hockey !

Stay out of the box is paramount. 5x5 play favors UND IMO.

the keys to the game are really pretty simple- stay out of the box - quick feet - get pucks to the net and grind ! - old time sioux hockey !

No, the key is play the game in Miami's zone which means control puck possession and tempo.

Miami in the offensive zone - lethal

Miami in the defensive zone - uh, not so great ...

• Upvote 2

if Miami was lethal in the offensive zone - they wouldnt have finished in last place in the league- i understand this game to the Nth degree - reality is if you get pucks to the net and have quick feet- with all 5 guys on the ice 99% of the time- UND should win hands down

i do however- appreciate you telling me that my opinion is wrong

if Miami was lethal in the offensive zone - they wouldnt have finished in last place in the league- i understand this game to the Nth degree - reality is if you get pucks to the net and have quick feet- with all 5 guys on the ice 99% of the time- UND should win hands down

I have been saying this for weeks. Does that mean UND will roll today...no, but Miami isn't BC or Minnesota. One and done games are determined by a bounce or two on occasion but if both teams come to play UND wins. IF UND doesn't come to play they will lose. If Miami doesn't come to play they will get smoked like at the Ralph. UND is the better overall team IMO.

UND has been hot and cold the last three weeks, IMO. If the boys come with high-energy and jump - enough to support their forecheck mentality - then they should win this game. If they are sluggish out of the gate, like two of the games last weekend, look for Miami to upset. Can't just play "prevent" against these guys.

Two huge things in my mind:

1. Stay out of the box. If you're going to get the penalty chasing a guy on a breakaway, at least take him down. I don't mind penalties like that when necessary (though I'm not found of the breakaways). No offensive zone penalties...those are killer.

2. Come out ready to play. We need a Sunday start, not one like Friday or Saturday. You piss away the first 10-15 minutes against CC, you have an ok chance of coming back. You do it against Miami (who has way more potency up front than CC), and you get an incredibly steep hill to climb.

Zane just needs to stop the first 5 shots without letting one in for a change. He is just like JPL and Eidesness in that sense they almost always let one in within the first 5 shots. If Zane stops the first 5 it's a good sign.