SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. MIAMI OH - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Sadly, I think with the loss of the Sioux logo, along with the attractiveness of the Big 10 league, recruiting will not be what it once was. The team may need to reinvent itself.

No, I don't think so. Big10 is just the Gopher private advancement league. NCHC is just getting started, but based on the first season, there is pretty good parity in the league, something sorely lacking from the Big10. Yeah, the Sioux have under-performed according to the studs we have up top (especially) and our "stellar goalkeeping" has been lax at times in nearly every game. Could it be a coaching issue? Sure, maybe. But it could just be a blip o the radar in the big picture. I think Hak is a solid coach, certainly as good as most that have lead the Sioux.

We were outplayed tonight. Simply, surely. We need to fix that. Some will come with recruiting, but more must be done on the coaching side. That is true regardless of what you think of Hak and the crew.

Miami is on a tear and deserves to be where they are.

Hakstol's teams remind me of the movie 'Groundhog Day" every time March rolls around.

Without fail, his teams come up short every year they enter the playoffs. Not just once in awhile, EVERY YEAR.

Something's not right considering the blue chip talent this team has.

Whether it's not finding the right line-combinations, not preparing the team properly, lack of in-game adjustments, not motivating the team with the right Knute Rockne speech, I dunno, this team just can't deliver when it matters.

It can't be the players year after year over 10 years in a row now, nor can "puck luck" be the reason for so many consecutive seasons.

Any thoughts?

Not a lot went right for the Sioux tonight. 2 missed empty nets and a couple posts and as the Miami goalie said in his interview they got quite a few of the bounces and that is just the way it went tonight. Timing also seemed off all night as passes just missed and way too sloppy again tonight. It has been a trend these last few games but a lot of decent chances were the guys can't even put the puck on net again tonight. Officiating was absolutely awful and helped Miami out with a lot of interference and stick-work they did and not much of it being called. Also a few times when the Sioux would get pressure and Miami just pushed the net off to get a whistle and nothing was called but we get a soft penalty in the 1st and it leads directly to Miami getting the first goal. Have to be better tomorrow and find a way to get a win no matter what and then hope Wisconsin and Lowell can take care of business.

Miami showed up tonight, UND did not. One of the worst performance I've seen by UND in over 10 years of being a fan. No crisp passing, no forechecking, majority of shots were low quality, and without rebound opportunities. Did UND not watch film from the big win over Miami? Crisp passes quick shots ... every time the D got the puck tonight they waited and waited to shoot. Starman nailed it, they need to get pressure down the middle, and never did. I like Hak, but he made no adjustment throughout the game, and allowed Miami to play a style where all they had to do was clog up UND, a ton of neutral zone play tonight, which makes for a low energy boring game. They completely shut us down, and we did nothing about it.

Miami deserved to win tonight, and UND better win tomorrow if they want any chance to keep playing, not that they deserve it after that performance. This team CAN be dangerous, but they looked much more like the team we saw at the beginning of the season. Extremely disappointing.

• Upvote 1

Not a lot went right for the Sioux tonight. 2 missed empty nets and a couple posts and as the Miami goalie said in his interview they got quite a few of the bounces and that is just the way it went tonight. Officiating was absolutely awful and helped Miami out with a lot of interference and stick-work they did and not much of it being called. Also a few times when the Sioux would get pressure and Miami just pushed the net off to get a whistle and nothing was called but we get a soft penalty in the 1st and it leads directly to Miami getting the first goal. Have to be better tomorrow and find a way to get a win no matter what and then hope Wisconsin and Lowell can take care of business.

Agreed, officiating was awful, and the bounces were bad too, but the boys just did not take care of business either. They let Miami dictate the game

Hey, we all thought this year was going to be a rebuild year, at least at the start. Then, after the break, Hak does what he does and gets a mediocre team fired up and goes on a bit of a tear, and everybody thinks we have a National contender. I think he did just fine getting where he ended up. No fire Hak from me. Sure things could have been handled differently, but regardless, we probably ended up where we should be. Flame suit on.

"I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the puck and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on." -- paraphrase of Jack Handey

• Upvote 1

Looks like this t

Miami showed up tonight, UND did not. One of the worst performance I've seen by UND in over 10 years of being a fan. No crisp passing, no forechecking, majority of shots were low quality, and without rebound opportunities. Did UND not watch film from the big win over Miami? Crisp passes quick shots ... every time the D got the puck tonight they waited and waited to shoot. Starman nailed it, they need to get pressure down the middle, and never did. I like Hak, but he made no adjustment throughout the game, and allowed Miami to play a style where all they had to do was clog up UND, a ton of neutral zone play tonight, which makes for a low energy boring game. They completely shut us down, and we did nothing about it.

Miami deserved to win tonight, and UND better win tomorrow if they want any chance to keep playing, not that they deserve it after that performance. This team CAN be dangerous, but they looked much more like the team we saw at the beginning of the season. Extremely disappointing.

Yes, exactly. Looks like this

Yes, exactly. Looks like this team peaked right around the "Suddenly, this team can score" article, after which they have not been able to score to save their lives. What a pathetic night.