SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. MIAMI OH - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Another game where they pissed away the first period before they started playing. What the )#$(%&* is up with that?

Could not disagree more. 1st period and beginning of the second is where they played the strongest. The entire second half of the game, is where they dropped off. They allowed Miami to clog up the neutral zone, and prevent them from ever getting the puck deep or getting a quality shot. Almost all shots were from way out to the side, and if the D ever took a shot they hesitated until Miami was in a position to block it. UND got beat in every area of the game tonight. They better show up tomorrow, and pray for some help. This is still a team that could make some noise in the NCAA tourney, but they will need some help to even make it at this point.

The Sioux could learn a lesson from Miami when someone shoots the puck just move the net off the rockers

Horrible missed call by the officials. They were awful tonight, but they did not cost UND the game... the players did. Though I would debate that the officiating was just about as bad as UNDs play.

Hey, we all thought this year was going to be a rebuild year, at least at the start. Then, after the break, Hak does what he does and gets a mediocre team fired up and goes on a bit of a tear, and everybody thinks we have a National contender. I think he did just fine getting where he ended up. No fire Hak from me. Sure things could have been handled differently, but regardless, we probably ended up where we should be. Flame suit on.

Most people wouldn't consider a team with fifteen draft picks on it eligible for a "rebuilding" year... I thought we just reload? Wonder how many times a team with this many draft picks have missed the tourney.

• Upvote 1

That was hilarious to see him call a timeout with 16 seconds left and down by 3. That was a joke.

haha yeah what was that about. Most impressive thing about tonight was not letting Miami score when we pulled the goalie as early as we did. And missing a few open nets in spectacular fashion was impressive in its own regard.

Miami showed up tonight, UND did not. One of the worst performance I've seen by UND in over 10 years of being a fan. No crisp passing, no forechecking, majority of shots were low quality, and without rebound opportunities. Did UND not watch film from the big win over Miami? Crisp passes quick shots ... every time the D got the puck tonight they waited and waited to shoot. Starman nailed it, they need to get pressure down the middle, and never did. I like Hak, but he made no adjustment throughout the game, and allowed Miami to play a style where all they had to do was clog up UND, a ton of neutral zone play tonight, which makes for a low energy boring game. They completely shut us down, and we did nothing about it.

Miami deserved to win tonight, and UND better win tomorrow if they want any chance to keep playing, not that they deserve it after that performance. This team CAN be dangerous, but they looked much more like the team we saw at the beginning of the season. Extremely disappointing.

This has been pointed out by many posters (including myself), but all we get from people is static about how Hakstol is the greatest coach since sliced bread and how nothing's his fault because he hasn't suited up for UND since 1992 and blah, blah, blah. Someone please tell me how many "blips on the radar" we need to have before people stop making excuses for everything. If the commander of the Army doesn't do his job, he is replaced. At UND, everyone just makes excuses and acts like nothing is wrong. Very sad my friends, very sad.

This has been pointed out by many posters (including myself), but all we get from people is static about how Hakstol is the greatest coach since sliced bread and how nothing's his fault because he hasn't suited up for UND since 1992 and blah, blah, blah. Someone please tell me how many "blips on the radar" we need to have before people stop making excuses for everything. If the commander of the Army doesn't do his job, he is replaced. At UND, everyone just makes excuses and acts like nothing is wrong. Very sad my friends, very sad.

I don't want to turn this into a Hakstol debate thread, but name a coach with better results over the last decade that you will replace him with. To replace a coach, you need a better option. That being said, I do think he made some mistakes tonight, not adjusting to Miami's play, not calling a timeout after the STUPID STUPID icing at the end of the second. Calling a timeout with a few seconds left in the game. And with that officiating, it would have been nice to seem him get fired up and in the officials face a bit.

All that being said, I don't think tonights game is indicative of his career as a whole. He has had success competing and recruiting, and when a better option is available I may be open to new options. For now Hak is the coach, he is the best option and he is a title away from being regarded as one of the most decorated and successful coaches in the program.

Player need to be held accountable too, and tonight they did not perform. Upperclassmen looked lost, and the freshman truly looked like freshman.

• Upvote 1

Most people wouldn't consider a team with fifteen draft picks on it eligible for a "rebuilding" year... I thought we just reload? Wonder how many times a team with this many draft picks have missed the tourney.

There is absolutely no reason a team with this amount of talent should be missing, or even close to missing, the NCAA tournament. Between the Ralph, the tradition, and the fan support, going since 2000 without a national championship is reason enough. But, watching this team underperform in critical games over and over is good enough reason.

Fire him.

Bring in Cary Eades.

• Upvote 1

Can you believe the two open nets parks and McMillan missed? Pure goal scorers (which we sorely need next year) never miss those kind of opportunities. I guess that is why many say this team is not very talented. Even starman commented on this teams surprising lack of high end talent. Why is that, I thought we were supposed to be a recruiting joggernaut.