SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ ST. CLOUD - Friday

AZSIOUX

Amazing second periods lately. Have to give kudos to the coaches. After thinking this team might be watching the NCAA's this year, now they look like a team to contend with.

Of course, they have to keep it up. Here's to them doing so tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

starman commented on at least 2 occasions about how this is the best job he's seen the north Dakota coaching staff do with any team. I think he's seeing the transformation in hak. I cant exactly put my finger on it but hak has really stepped to another level as a coach this year. imho

If UND Losses Saturday, Saint Cloud would have a three to one series lead against us. At that point wouldn't they be ahead of us at the end of the season if we end in a tie?

Cup shared, but the seeding first tiebreaker is conference wins. Sioux would have one more win.

If UND Losses Saturday, Saint Cloud would have a three to one series lead against us. At that point wouldn't they be ahead of us at the end of the season if we end in a tie?

WCHA used to be head to head first. NCHC the first tie-breaker is conference wins. They did this due to the new tie and shoot out point rules.

9th in the Pairwise...so much for the season being on life support, eh?

I hope you get to watch the back-end of a sweep tomorrow night.

No matter which I thread i go to I see these types of comments everywhere...really nothing else but these. Settle down enjoy the moment there's still a lot of work to do without you going out and jinxing us.

Our D core last night looked about as good as a college d core can look. Schmaltz is awesome, ladue may be our best all around defensman and I'm not even exaggerating here. His two way game is so fun to watch. For this team it all starts with them. I also like the balance in our lines, I'm not overly sold on pattyn playing with Luke and Rocco however we are winning so I'll drop it for a bit. We can't let off the gas, we need to play well and close tonight.

Our D core last night looked about as good as a college d core can look. Schmaltz is awesome, ladue may be our best all around defensman and I'm not even exaggerating here. His two way game is so fun to watch. For this team it all starts with them. I also like the balance in our lines, I'm not overly sold on pattyn playing with Luke and Rocco however we are winning so I'll drop it for a bit. We can't let off the gas, we need to play well and close tonight.

If Mattson and Thompson can play every night like last night...watch out!

The statistic that is hard to see is that Rocco's scoring has jumped since Pattyn was added to that line. Somehow he brings a dimension that opens up opportunities for Rocco.

The statistic that is hard to see is that Rocco's scoring has jumped since Pattyn was added to that line. Somehow he brings a dimension that opens up opportunities for Rocco.

It's up a lot actually. Pattyn's big body and play on the walls during the cycle has been a key factor in Rocco's output.

If Mattson and Thompson can play every night like last night...watch out!

How far has Thompson come this season? His game has improved by leaps and bounds throughout the season. Gotta remember too, he would have been a senior for Devils Lake High this season.

You see this drill more and more now with even the youth levels. Not every shot should be to score. A lot of the goaltenders like Faragher are too good to beat with a clean shot. Shot with intended rebound.

The first time we did this with the team I coached they had no clue why they weren't supposed to score on the first shot.....never forget it.

The most famous execution of this play for modern Sioux fans was Goren's pass off the goalie to Ulmer for the GWG in the national championship game.

It's up a tad....that recent 4 point game inflates it a hit and that night he only got a point once where pattyn was actually on the ice

No matter which I thread i go to I see these types of comments everywhere...really nothing else but these. Settle down enjoy the moment there's still a lot of work to do without you going out and jinxing us.

Yet every time a game starts a little slow you jump on the board and say "they already look bad in this one" but that's OK?

I don't know if you and your buddy think if you act like the team is crap that your reverse psychology might save the season?

Settle down enjoy the moment there's still a lot of work to do without you going out and jinxing us.

"Settle down"...that's pretty rich coming from the poster with his finger on the red MELTDOWN button three minutes into last night's game...

Yet every time a game starts a little slow you jump on the board and say "they already look bad in this one" but that's OK?

I don't know if you and your buddy think if you act like the team is crap that your reverse psychology might save the season?

Yup reverse psychology...it worked :). Anyway my one comment last night is not equal to the 10+ troll searching posts he puts up.