SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud St.

AZSIOUX

How does this 2nd part make sense? What do they clinch with one more point if they are tied with the Sioux at same points?

With the Sioux already clinching?

Check out @TheNCHC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/...644402412908544

The tiebreaker is conference wins. UND has more conference wins than anyone. I know that UND could tie for 4th place if they lose all 4 remaining games, and would take 4th place because of more conference wins. My guess is that if St. Cloud loses all 4 remaining wins they could also tie for 4th, but may not have the tiebreaker over the team they would be tied with. That's why they need 1 more point.
  • Upvote 1

The tiebreaker is conference wins. UND has more conference wins than anyone. I know that UND could tie for 4th place if they lose all 4 remaining games, and would take 4th place because of more conference wins. My guess is that if St. Cloud loses all 4 remaining wins they could also tie for 4th, but may not have the tiebreaker over the team they would be tied with. That's why they need 1 more point.

Thank you.

For those having Charter Communications cable TV, SCSU home games are broadcast on channel 426 and channel 823 HD in the St. Cloud and Fergus Falls areas. The Saturday night game should be available on those channels. For Friday night's game, it is channel 412 CBSSN.

A split at SCSU and a sweep of WMU at home and UND will win the first Penrose and be a virtual lock for the NCAAs.

Go Sioux

tiebreaker criteria

1. Conference wins

2. Head to Head

3. Goal differential head to head

I was shocked at conference wins over h2h. I was trying to figure out how we were ahead of scsu.

I'm still a little confused on how we have clinched home ice. Denver is in fifth currently with 29 points. If they were to win the next four games (worth 3 points each) and we lose the next four; they finish with 41 points to our 39 points. We would still finish with more conference wins but I thought points were the main deciding factor only going to conference wins in the case of a tie.

If Denver were to win out we would finish ahead of Western Michigan because they play each other. I'm not sure if we have it clinched though because it is possible for SCSU, Omaha, Duluth, and either WMU or Denver to finish in front of us.

You have to take into consideration who Denver and WMU play. First of all, they play each other. Both cannot win all four games. If Denver wins all four games, UND is still ahead of Western Michigan. Yes, some teams can finish ahead of UND, but by doing so they prevent other teams from passing UND so they cannot finish worse than a tie for fourth place. Since they would have more conference wins than anyone they could be tied with, UND wins the tie-breaker for home ice.

• Upvote 1

You have to take into consideration who Denver and WMU play. First of all, they play each other. Both cannot win all four games. If Denver wins all four games, UND is still ahead of Western Michigan. Yes, some teams can finish ahead of UND, but by doing so they prevent other teams from passing UND so they cannot finish worse than a tie for fourth place. Since they would have more conference wins than anyone they could be tied with, UND wins the tie-breaker for home ice.

I knew only one of WMU and Denver could finish ahead of us. That's why I wrote it like I did. I was mistaken with Omaha and Duluth both being able to finish ahead of us. I missed that Omaha and Duluth play each other still.

And what do we win? A meeting with a dangerous Miami or Colorado College, what a treat

Not exactly Michigan Tech or Alaska Anchorage by any means, welcome to the NCHC :)

Brad made a good point on his blog or a tweet he made. No more winning the league and getting Tech or Anchorage. I think more importantly, win three of four games to close out the year and that likely means the team has an autobid into the postseason. Of course getting to the Target Center is pretty important now that I have tickets....

And what do we win? A meeting with a dangerous Miami or Colorado College, what a treat

Not exactly Michigan Tech or Alaska Anchorage by any means, welcome to the NCHC :)

at this point it would look like Miami.