SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud St.

AZSIOUX

I was there for a game in the 2011 season - a tie thanks to a brilliant goal by Frattin. At any rate, we were in the front row on the ice in the zone UND was shooting at twice. TONS of Sioux fans there that night and the "Let's Go Sioux" chant drowned the place out. It's a very fun road game experience. The arena is concrete and not pleasing to the eye - reminded me a lot of the Minot State Dome. I am interested to see the improvements they made.

Their student crowd is involved and loud - otherwise, a lot of good hockey fans in snowmobile jackets -- the place does get loud. The every day fans were hospitable - you can tell this is the social event of the winter season, coming to the rink to cheer on the Huskies. I think SCSU was about a 5th or 6th place WCHA team at that time so when the Sioux tied it up they weren't surprised or upset.

If you come to St. Cloud and don't get in to the game there are two establishments you might want to consider for viewing:

#1 Ultimate Sports Bar - it's in Waite Park, your classic sports bar, lots of TVs, great bar food and the owner Tom understands the importance of welcoming local Sioux fans (he has a Sioux banner hanging in there). They are an official viewing location for UND Satellite Parties. It's a tradition for Al Pearson's bus to stop here for a drink on the way into town and for breakfast on the way out of town.

#2 MC's Dugout - downtown St. Cloud, home of the Hairy Buffalo, those that ride Al's bus usually end up here before and after the games.

Where are the top 3 places to watch Sioux hockey on TV in Grand Forks?

IMO:

#1 Parrots Cay - I just love their wings

#2/3 BWWs - meh, it's what people do I guess

#2/3 Ground Round - they'll usually even stream the web feeds if available

#4 Rumors - if you feel like a beer tower or 3

• Upvote 1

IMO:

#1 Parrots Cay - I just love their wings

#2/3 BWWs - meh, it's what people do I guess

#2/3 Ground Round - they'll usually even stream the web feeds if available

#4 Rumors - if you feel like a beer tower or 3

Wild Hog gets a pretty decent crowd some nights as well.