SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud St.

AZSIOUX

Tied for 1st with 4 games left....this weekend the Sioux and Huskies go head to head at the newly renovated National Hockey center for the inside track at the Penrose. This will be great hockey! Go sioux!!

TV FRIDAY - CBSportsnetwork 8pm puck drop

As of this time sat night

PAIRWISE

UND 10th

SCSU 5th

UNDwin 39 @ SCSU

SCSUwin 39 vs. UND

UNO 33 vs. CC

DU 29 & WMU

UMD 28 @ MIAMI

WMU 31 vs. DU

CC 24 @ UNO

MIAMI 17 vs. UMD

A split at SCSU and a sweep of WMU at home and UND will win the first Penrose and be a virtual lock for the NCAAs.

Go Sioux

tiebreaker criteria

1. Conference wins

2. Head to Head

3. Goal differential head to head

Conference wins over head to head record...interesting.

Conference wins over head to head record...interesting.

NCHC rationalized it to SCSU fans on Twitter as rewarding actual wins instead of shootout wins and ties. Personally, considering the lead SCSU had in the conference title race, they should only be mad at themselves for not putting it away earlier.

It'd be interesting if we win the league having been the only team in the league to have not been in a shootout this year.

Team on a definite high after the last two weekends. If you told me in the last stretch of 6 games they'd go 5-1 any one of us would have been thrilled.

I like the way UND is playing. Getting good goaltending, getting contributions from just about everybody, and specialty teams may have taken a swing for the better. Swept by SCSU to begin the year, and now they meet five months later with a completely different UND team.

How many of us on November 29th (the night they got beaten by St. Lawrence), saw them tied atop the conference with SCSU, playing games against them in late February/early March for the top seed in the conference? Ohhh, and sitting #10 in the pairwise with a chance to lock up an auto bid before the postseason tournament?

To quote my good friend gfhockey......fire Hak.

NCHC rationalized it to SCSU fans on Twitter as rewarding actual wins instead of shootout wins and ties. Personally, considering the lead SCSU had in the conference title race, they should only be mad at themselves for not putting it away earlier.

I figured that might be the rationale behind that...

Personally, considering the lead SCSU had in the conference title race, they should only be mad at themselves for not putting it away earlier.

Not quite the late-season Clown meltdown we've seen in years past, but they've definitely been pretty average the last couple months.

Schlossman tweeted last night that the Sioux needed 1 more point or a Duluth loss to clinch home sweet home ice then sent a corrected tweet saying the team had clinched home ice for the playoffs for the 12th straight year. Either his second tweet is correct or gfhockey needs to start a "fire Schloss" thread.

Schlossman tweeted last night that the Sioux needed 1 more point or a Duluth loss to clinch home sweet home ice then sent a corrected tweet saying the team had clinched home ice for the playoffs for the 12th straight year. Either his second tweet is correct or gfhockey needs to start a "fire Schloss" thread.

One more win and home ice is clinched. Fire schloss?

As MafiaMan and anyone else who has ever split a check with me can tell you, I can't do math. All I know is Schloss said in his second tweet that the clinch was confirmed.

I can also confirm that for being old enough to be beer grandma's grandma, YaneA is pretty hip with the Twitter following stuff. Get off her lawn, though, you whipper-snappers!

I can also confirm that for being old enough to be beer grandma's grandma, YaneA is pretty hip with the Twitter following stuff. Get off her lawn, though, you whipper-snappers!

YaneA is pretty friggen awesome and great on Twitter... A must follow.

Man you had me excited there for a minute! But conference wins are worth 3 points so it's not quite locked up yet. But we are getting closer!

I was using the What If calculator and the worst case scenario I could get was UND tied for 4th even if they lose all 4 games. In all of those cases UND would have more conference wins than any team that they would be tied with. Schlossman posted his confirmation about the same time.

I was using the What If calculator and the worst case scenario I could get was UND tied for 4th even if they lose all 4 games. In all of those cases UND would have more conference wins than any team that they would be tied with. Schlossman posted his confirmation about the same time.

My bad they must have it locked up!

How does this 2nd part make sense? What do they clinch with one more point if they are tied with the Sioux at same points?

With the Sioux already clinching?

Check out @TheNCHC's Tweet:

With their win last night, @UNDMHockey has clinched home ice for the quarterfinals. @SCSUHUSKIES_MH needs just 1 point to clinch #NCHCHockey

— The NCHC (@TheNCHC)

February 23, 2014