SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Kind of a crappy stat here (and I am not a negative Nancy) but only 16 players out of probably 120 could

muster a 3.2 GPA last semester?

Anyone else read that????

Not liking that statistic.....Have to do better than that....

One of the requirements for that list is that a player needs to play at least half their games. So that list of all academic big sky players will be smaller.doesn't mean that everyone else was under 3.2

Ill get back on the road again but thought I would clarify for our new guest.

Here is the dealio: Quit lying, just stop. The Ellefson example was horrible and included such little forethought it is sad. The kid had multiple FCS offers and an FBS offer and you are saying UND is trying to talk to him on January 27th? Sigh. Besides that, UND is in no position to steal a kid from a program that is better than them. They know it and aren't stupid. Especially a player with that many offers. At least give us a realistic example if you are going to lie.

So Mr. All Knowing All Seeing UND-1, where did I say UND coaches were in contact with Ellefson on January 27th. I said they have contacted him since he committed to NDSU, which was back in July. I thought UND fans were getting their undies in a bunch because of the contact with UND recruits after their commitments. I didn't say anything about Ellefson being contacted by UND coaches recently. Maybe Tom Miller can file on open records request on all of the UND coaches cell phone records since July and we can find out who is lying? 

So Mr. All Knowing All Seeing UND-1, where did I say UND coaches were in contact with Ellefson on January 27th. I said they have contacted him since he committed to NDSU, which was back in July. I thought UND fans were getting their undies in a bunch because of the contact with UND recruits after their commitments. I didn't say anything about Ellefson being contacted by UND coaches recently. Maybe Tom Miller can file on open records request on all of the UND coaches cell phone records since July and we can find out who is lying? 

Enough, if you aren't here to talk about Sioux recruits. Known recruits. Active Recruits. Just shut your mouth and go back in your hole. If you want to bicker about UND/NDSU rivalry or whatever makes you happy go to another thread. This is purely for UND recruiting going forward.

I don't think NDSU does it more than anyone else... that's not my point. I have no problem with rival coaches contacting verbally committed recruits. I bring it up because NDSU asked an UND commit "how committed are you" and were shot down.

In all honesty, I agree with this. Aggressive, and ultimately successful, recruiters stay active on recruits they want right up until signing day. Ever heard of flipping a verbal commit? Happens quite often.

The fact that Bubba is doing this with NDSU commits is actually encouraging; Mussman and his staff did no such thing and that lack of recruiting effort showed.

Why wouldn't a coach maintain contact with a recruit right until the day he signs with any team?

With hundreds of players transferring every year, by keeping contact right to the day he signs, he may think of transferring to your school. There are tons of reasons players transfer but most of the time it's assumed it's for a nefarious reason. It could simply be things like proximity to home, a greater chance to play or change in choice of college degree.

Keeping in touch up to signing day is not some tawdry act. I'm also a USC fan, and read about 5 star recruits changing their minds post verbal commitment almost daily.

Folks, there is no "gentleman's agreement" in football. Heck, the agreement is gone in DI hockey now.

Until someone signs an NLI, a verbal isn't worth the paper it's written on*.

No gentleman's agreement and no NLI == fair game ... in every direction.

*See what I did there ... a verbal isn't on paper <-- that's supposed to be humorous. OK ... I'll quit now. ;)

Hmmmm? The four aforementioned quotes have been the prevailing thoughts on this message board regarding recruiting kids after verbals. Maybe one or two questioned it initially ... But I think the majority on here agree, nothing is sacred until Feb. 4.

SFI posted a DL from Hawley committed. I think this is new. 6'3" - 250. I'll call Verizon to see if we can find out who has called/texted him and who hasn't that's what matters here. Not that a young man made a large decision to work his butt off for 4/5 years, so I can be entertained on Saturdays.

• Upvote 2

SFI posted a DL from Hawley committed. I think this is new. 6'3" - 250. I'll call Verizon to see if we can find out who has called/texted him and who hasn't that's what matters here. Not that a young man made a large decision to work his butt off for 4/5 years, so I can be entertained on Saturdays.

IALTO

• Upvote 1

I have deleted it because of signing day, but it remains interesting. I would consider it a positive that players are keeping things with in the locker room. just thought maybe some other people may have heard similar things as I saw it come out of no where. I won't apologize for posting it however

That is Bullcrap.  There are always guys who aren't starting or playing who complain but as a team these guys like the direction the team is headed and respect what Bubba and staff are doing.  There are also usually an assistant coach or 2 that some of the kids don't like but haven't heard this is an issue.

The unsung Nugget-

Put a redshirt on him and see what happens with getting bigger, stronger, faster.

First, I don't think anything in recruiting can be a can't miss but I am surprised he hasn't got some offered from FCS or D2 schools.  I didn't watch his video but I would think he has to be good enough for someone to take a shot on him.

Agreed. Why hasn't someone like New Mexico Highlands, Western New Mexico, CSU Pueblo or Northern Arizona offered? Unless FCS or DII don't count?

Back to this Alm fellow from Hawley: Is this the DL that folks were looking for to help round out this class? He seems to be more of a "future" guy in that he seems to have the NG body-type but needs to develop into it. Wasn't there a guy from GF about a decade ago that was similar who worked out pretty well? 

Back to this Alm fellow from Hawley: Is this the DL that folks were looking for to help round out this class? He seems to be more of a "future" guy in that he seems to have the NG body-type but needs to develop into it. Wasn't there a guy from GF about a decade ago that was similar who worked out pretty well? 

He will redshirt, not ready to play this fall.  The hope is a transfer to help this year on D-line.

And he's been playing on a bad wheel.  Hard to view him as something more than a future guy.

You realize you just torpedoed your credibility somewhat. It's the equivalent of saying you haven't heard of Thompson or Oslo.

I don't have to prove my credibility to anyone as I know who I talked to. If this is the kind of treatment I get for giving info then I will refrain from doing so in the future. I certainly know where it isn't appreciated.

I don't have to prove my credibility to anyone as I know who I talked to. If this is the kind of treatment I get for giving info then I will refrain from doing so in the future. I certainly know where it isn't appreciated.

I think the point is to have your own filter on information......

Hawley is the town where you crack your 1st beer on the way to the lakes, before kids anyways.

I think he was just kidding, as Thompson and Oslo aren't any more well-known than Hawley.