SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Thanks for the insight - it sounds like they are a couple of very talented kids!

Please continue to post - any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Two updates from Lakeville:  

- Tristyn Hanson will be making the trip to GF for the game against Robert Morris this weekend.

- In an odd coincidence, Carl Engwall's uncle is the superintendent of schools in the Florida Keys, where the twins George and Henry Jacobsen are from.

• Upvote 2

- Tristyn Hanson will be making the trip to GF for the game against Robert Morris this weekend.

- In an odd coincidence, Carl Engwall's uncle is the superintendent of schools in the Florida Keys, where the twins George and Henry Jacobsen are from.

Small world.

Thank you for the updates.  I had to look at highlights of Tristyn Hanson, the kid is a heck of a football player.  I hope he enjoys his time in Grand Forks this weekend. 

Lakeville North had been churning out some good looking prospects the last two years. Any more in the pipeline?

It's a little early to tell - I'm not as familiar with the 2016 class, but there's a few kids that really stood out in the first game last week. Give me another game or two and I'll have more of an opinion on future prospects. The 2014 and 2015 classes at North might be a bit of a statistical anomoly with the number of D1 and DII athletes and state tournament/playoff teams they've had.

Why wasn't it a good thing for UND?

The biggest issue was scholarship $$.   D1-AA had a lot more $$ to offer than DII.   

The second advantage was when we were transitioning SU was already eligible.  That was a deciding factor for at least one kid going to SU who is in the NFL now.   Currently the success SU has had recently is a deciding factor.

• Upvote 1

Harry Momoh is crystal balled to UND.  Anyone have some more info on him?  Is he visiting this weekend?

http://247sports.com/Player/Harry-Momoh-34583

Typically they will give a crystal ball prediction if we are the only offer. For example Jesper Horstad was crystal balled to us and then he got Princeton and Miami Ohio offers. Needless to say we are not in his top two.......

Harry Momoh is crystal balled to UND.  Anyone have some more info on him?  Is he visiting this weekend?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Harry-Momoh-143291;_ylt=A0LEVine1wdU1QUAxK0PxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBya3R2ZmV1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--

3 star Rivals recruit...hope everything works out because it appears that he would be a great addition to the 2015 recruiting class...

Oh, and I have to say (again) that Bubba's first full season recruiting class is shaping up wonderfully! Have to give his staff credit too!

Crystal ball = Football "experts" (many of whom never played football) trying to out scoop each other with recruiting predictions for the sole purpose of selling subscriptions for their "insider" websites/blogs (i.e. Rivals, 247, Scout etc. ad naseum). Their star rating system is nothing more than unscientific hyperbole to, once again, sell subscriptions and fatten their personal bank accounts. In other words, a popular "5 star" player at a nationally-ranked HS may only possess "zero star" talent while an obscure "zero star" player in rural USA may have the raw athleticism and intangibles of a "5 star". Make sense?

I agree with you to a point, but more often than not a player with 2 stars is better than a player with none.

I know nothing about his recruiting status, but I did watch him play when his Hopkins team played against Lakeville North last week. Simply put, he's a force on defense. Hopkins plays kind of an unconventional 4-4 defense and as the 4th LB they free him up to go pretty much wherever he pleases. His ability to get to the ball, run through or around blocks, and generally wreak havoc on an offense is what allows them to do that.

He's not huge - but he can play! Where he fits on a D1 defense is a good guess. He's listed as a safety, and that's probably the right spot for him.

Crystal ball = Football "experts" (many of whom never played football) trying to out scoop each other with recruiting predictions for the sole purpose of selling subscriptions for their "insider" websites/blogs (i.e. Rivals, 247, Scout etc. ad naseum). Their star rating system is nothing more than unscientific hyperbole to, once again, sell subscriptions and fatten their personal bank accounts. In other words, a popular "5 star" player at a nationally-ranked HS may only possess "zero star" talent while an obscure "zero star" player in rural USA may have the raw athleticism and intangibles of a "5 star". Make sense?

I do think it is hard to quantify something that is as qualitative as college football recruiting.  Having said that, there has to be some truth to these rankings or else these websites/blogs/newsletters wouldn't be in business.

Sounds like there was a commitment by a defensive player from the St Louis area today, per a Kevin Maurice tweet.

The only player from Missouri listed on Wiki is CB KiAnte Hardin; however, that would be a HUGE get considering the flood of big-time offers he has received.

Let the speculation begin...

Edit: judging by the tweet, it's likely a defensive lineman or linebacker.