SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 minute ago, Hambone said:

Wouldn't be surprised of Dulin is closer to 6'5".  

Love the size, but also need to get some smaller burners in there - Dressler or Hardin types.

Great Point.... currently we have burners in Georges and maybe Iwarri but they're  not of the Dressler or RJ Magill  mold. 

I love this coaching staff.  They seemed to know what they want.  I am sure they have some plans in case there is a surprise next Wednesday and there usually is.  This has the making of a spectacular class like last years was.  Isn't this fun.    I wonder how many Santiago type surprises are in this class.    It is just like xmas.    Can't wait to open the presents next Fall. 

16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I agree that next year speed should be the agenda for wr recruiting.

Seems to me missing a burner in this class on offense.

I see the depth issue on the O-line, too.  I wonder if T. Harris or A. Ceislack could be potential O-line candidates as we are about 15 deep on the D-line.

Just now, gundy1124 said:

Seems to me missing a burner in this class on offense.

I see the depth issue on the O-line, too.  I wonder is T. Harris or A. Ceislack could be potential O-line candidates as we are about 15 deep on the D-line.

I think I like Tank on D Line, but really whatever helps the team the most I will get behind.

16 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Completely agree.  Maybe greer to o line?  

Greer, to me, is more of a bull like Harris that will excel staying at NG.  He would be more of an inside OL if he moved anyway, and I too am worried more on the OT area than anything.

56 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

I would say were are dangerously thin at tackle, not guard or center.

For sure you could make a strong argument that we are thin at T, too. 

This year's spring game will likely have two healthy centers, two healthy guards (yikes) and four (I think?) healthy tackles. Ideally we should be three deep at all positions without the incoming freshmen. 

2 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

This year's spring game will likely have two healthy centers, two healthy guards (yikes) and four (I think?) healthy tackles. Ideally we should be three deep at all positions without the incoming freshmen. 

The Eagan kid looks most ready to play for incoming guys, followed by Edina and Muskego kid close 2nds, as possible shirts pulled, all others to redshirt.  Anyway you slice it, O-Line is definitely TBD for next season.

11 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

How do we only have two healthy guards?

56 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Cieslak and Harris have such a bright future on d that I wouldn't want to waste them moving to OL and wasting time developing them. 

They do!!  I read Harris dished out so many pancake blocks in High School they asked him to be a spokesman for IHOP.  Cieslak has the size, too.

17 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

The Eagan kid looks most ready to play for incoming guys, followed by Edina and Muskego kid close 2nds, as possible shirts pulled, all others to redshirt.  Anyway you slice it, O-Line is definitely TBD for next season.

I think we can agree that having to rely on incoming freshmen for 2 or even 3 deep depth is not ideal (unless there is a special talent like Grady).  Here's hoping for OL health in 2016. 

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Interesting that we saw no FBS dropdowns, I though they might go after 1 or 2.

Not complaining, I like that the coaches are going out and getting their own guys, just thought they might try to bring in a seasoned play to help fill in the OL with our graduates and early losses.

Not saying drop downs are a bad thing, because we've had a few good ones, buts it's a lot better when the coaching staff has the time to develop a player into their system while adding in the experience factor. Transfers are needed for immediate help not developing. I believe successful programs recruit senior high schoolers and then maybe an occasional juco or transfer.  Again, not bashing just my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

I think we can agree that having to rely on incoming freshmen for 2 or even 3 deep depth is not ideal (unless there is a special talent like Grady).  Here's hoping for OL health in 2016. 

Correct!  The health of the line is very detrimental to this team.  We have some nice talent in place but extremely thin.  Losing any starter next year will be magnified a thousand fold.  And yes, the Grady loss is just massive!  

4 hours ago, Hambone said:

I was told long ago that one PWO QB was likely all that we would have in this class, so I'm guessing we won't be involved with Blount unless it is at a different position.  Not that I agree with not taking a scholly QB this class, as I think they should have a scholly QB every class, but that's what I'm hearing.  Hope I'm wrong.....

Horrible mistake in my opinion. Hopefully Studsrud can stay healthy.