SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

Work is relatively slow today, so I've been perusing around www.nbcolympics.com for good stuff about the games. I decided to look at the list of all athletes, since there's a few biathlon people I know personally since I live in a major training location. Dustin Byflugien is on the list of athletes for men's hockey. I'm assuming this is just a website error? Based on the couple articles about the selection process, I don't even think he would even be considered a roster alternate in lieu of injuries.

It also lists Jamie Benn, who isn't on the roster. I guess those must be the alternates.

So Steven Stamkos is not able to make the trip to Sochi. Who will Yzerman take? Can you imagine if he passes on Martin St. Louis a 2nd time? That might get ugly in Tampa! I'd say it's down to Giroux and St. Louis, and my money's on St. Louis.

And did I also hear correctly that Mikko Koivu is not going to be able to play for Finland?

So Steven Stamkos is not able to make the trip to Sochi. Who will Yzerman take? Can you imagine if he passes on Martin St. Louis a 2nd time? That might get ugly in Tampa! I'd say it's down to Giroux and St. Louis, and my money's on St. Louis.

And did I also hear correctly that Mikko Koivu is not going to be able to play for Finland?

And St. Louis it is. Not that surprising considering the ridiculous point streak he's put together since being snubbed the first time.

St. Louis is a much better pick than Giroux.

St. Louis is awesome but to say he is a MUCH better pick than Giroux is absurd. Had Giroux not been in bad graces with Hockey Canada he would already be on the team. Either way Giroux was not gettting on that team. That was his penalty for skipping out on their summer orientation.