SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

Have to say that I agree with Milbury and Roenick...approximately 2:00 left and you go on the PP...down 3-1...why wouldn't you pull the goalie, Norway?

Yeah didn't understand that either. I know goal differential is a tiebreaker but nobody gets eliminated during pool play and I doubt Norway will be in a spot where the tiebreaker will matter anyway. Take the chance try to cut the lead to one and give yourself a chance to really pull a surprise.

As Herm Edwards said "You play to win the game"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

4:00 left...given the success of Sweden and Finland, I wonder why Norway hasn't seen better results in hockey.

I think they're too busy dominating in all the cross-country/biathlon races.

Sweden will play Finland, I think the announcers are making a bigger deal of playing Raty and Finland then there is. Russia would be the team to avoid in woman hockey.

Canada wins 3-1, Norway's goalie kept them in it.

Finland only lost to the USA and Canada 3-1 and 3-0, respectively, in games that were closer than the score indicates. Noora Raty definitely has the ability to steal games. I'm not saying they'll do it, but if anyone can pull off an upset, my money is on Finland.

Goal differential.

What is this, China vs South Korea in the shuttlecock event? You had to beat Germany just to advance to the Olympics, shouldn't you go out and actually try to win it? Heaven forbid you pot a goal and make it 3-2. You're two goals away from being in a tie with Canada, not playing in some exhibition throw-away game against Denmark.