SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

The more I read about Paul Rudolph, the more I like Bubba's choice. Paul took over as HC at upper Iowa. the program had 26 consecutive losing seasons. In 2 years turned around with a winning season. Many season records in offense over the following years. At St. Cloud, same results with offense. Many season records. Paul maybe an excellent choice for Bubba. Should be a good team.

Rudolph was an assistant coach when I played at UIU, great guy, he's a smart coach and very nice person. Great choice by Bubba.

I honestly can't wait to see how the 2014 season plays out. I get the feeling Bubba will push those on the team that aren't bought into the programs success, out the door. Offensively we should be in good shape, just hoping the defensive side is ready to play some hard nosed, attacking Bubba D.

This is yet another test of our school's commitment to FCS football.

The assistant coach salary pool is already set. If Bubba overpays for Schmidt, he's just leaving less for his position coaches. (Unless gfhockey's good ole boys want to pony up some more money. :silly:)

The assistant coach salary pool is already set. If Bubba overpays for Schmidt, he's just leaving less for his position coaches. (Unless gfhockey's good ole boys want to pony up some more money. :silly:)

Well, if that is what it takes, then that is what should happen. I think the FB alums with serious cash will gladly do more to get this program back to what it once was. We get just one chance to fix this.

• Upvote 1

I hear dale and bubba are in a bidding war for schmidt...

But schmidt wants to come back home!

Schmidt presumably sees the writing on the wall in Carbondale. Hypothetically, even if his loyalties to Lennon and Bubba are roughly equal, the lure of going home and getting a fresh start (as opposed to the situation at SIU--win now or else) should make the better and wiser choice fairly clear.

• Upvote 1

Thats just what i heard why eric hasnt got announced yet...waiting for dales final offer

Leaving und really bit dale in the but...i dint want him back unless its a position coach.

They are waiting to clear him in the HR department - background checks, etc. Matter of time.

Schmidt presumably sees the writing on the wall in Carbondale. Hypothetically, even if his loyalties to Lennon and Bubba are roughly equal, the lure of going home and getting a fresh start (as opposed to the situation at SIU--win now or else) should make the better and wiser choice fairly clear.

Factor in that atmosphere with the fact that the DC, OC, and QB coach (probably would have been replacement OC) all left.....not where I'd want to be.

Digger Anderson? What is he doing now?

Not coaching.