SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone Wanna Go Back to Division 2?

Cratter

Here is a long but good read with the GVSU AD about why they don't want to go Division One.

And I quote...

"There is another DII school that is reclassifying to DI and they will join a league in which the average distance it will have to travel to its new conference competitors will be 930 miles."

Is he talking about UND?

http://www.gvsulakers.com/links/qatimselgo.html

"There is another DII school that is reclassifying to DI and they will join a league in which the average distance it will have to travel to its new conference competitors will be 930 miles."

Is he talking about UND?

http://www.gvsulaker...qatimselgo.html

I wouldn't think so. The average distance between North Dakota and the rest of the Big Sky schools is much greater than 930 miles. Our two closest schools are about 850 miles.

Works for me. It's a long ways from Lincoln to Happey Valley also....................

Here is a long but good read with the GVSU AD about why they don't want to go Division One.

And I quote...

Is he talking about UND?

http://www.gvsulakers.com/links/qatimselgo.html

Its Metro State that he is referring to. The WAC has an even bigger footprint than Sky. Maybe GCU too. Was just in Phoenix and GCU definitely gained media attention.from DIi days.

We say yes to playing at the highest level of basketball, but no to playing at the highest level of football...for the same reason people wanted to stay d2 "costs to much" "I'd rather compete for championships."

Even if UND wanted to, they don't have a conference invite so it is not an option.

• 4 weeks later...

We say yes to playing at the highest level of basketball, but no to playing at the highest level of football...for the same reason people wanted to stay d2 "costs to much" "I'd rather compete for championships."

So you'd rather play Minot, Mary and Crookston with 20 some scholarships for the Northern Sun, North Division Title, than stoop to the level of playing FCS football? You are so full of 'it that you've taken BS to a whole new level. Ya, FCS football is awful compared to ole Nothern Sun. I guess DII does fit the hockey model for the Duluths, MN States and St Clouds, but those schools with 16000+ students have to be feeling like they are a big fish these day.

I'd actually like to see UND play FBS football, Idaho would finally have someone to pick on. Do you know what FBS football would do to UND athletic budgets, it would be a total resructure of athletics at UND, trying to find an extra 3-4 mil, dropping to the FBS minimum of sports to be able to afford it. Pretty small minded of you Cratter to think that Minot and Mary is your future.

• Upvote 1

So you'd rather play Minot, Mary and Crookston with 20 some scholarships for the Northern Sun, North Division Title, than stoop to the level of playing FCS football? You are so full of 'it that you've taken BS to a whole new level. Ya, FCS football is awful compared to ole Nothern Sun. I guess DII does fit the hockey model for the Duluths, MN States and St Clouds, but those schools with 16000+ students have to be feeling like they are a big fish these day.

I'd actually like to see UND play FBS football, Idaho would finally have someone to pick on. Do you know what FBS football would do to UND athletic budgets, it would be a total resructure of athletics at UND, trying to find an extra 3-4 mil, dropping to the FBS minimum of sports to be able to afford it. Pretty small minded of you Cratter to think that Minot and Mary is your future.

I think you missed Cratter's point on this, Herd. The way I read it, he is not saying go back to DII and play Minot, Duluth, St Cloud... he is saying those that said UND couldn't move to DI/FCS because of the 'cost' actually 'cost' UND being on a level playing field with NDSU because of NDSU's head start into DI. He said "compete for championships" - that is what the Football Championship Subdivision does.

You gotta put yourself out on the market if you ever want a date.

• 2 weeks later...