SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll: New Head Coach

bincitysioux

New HC Poll  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer gets the job?

• Bubba Schwiegert
    • Kalen DeBoer

If bubba gets the job we know that in the future you will have to have previously coached at UND to get the head job.

I can't remember the last time the head coach had not previously coached at UND....1950s?

I wonder what the percentage of coaches have a previous tie to the school they are at?

I guarantee you no dancing on sidelines, no towel snapping, no sitting down laughing joking when we are getting spanked by 40,

bubba is not afraid to get in your face.

hoffner for oc

schdmit for dc

I want a coach that you will guarantee we won't be getting spanked by 40 pts.

Would Bubba be Mussman 2.0?

I don't think so. When you think about it, Bubba has kind of overshadowed Muss for a long time. First, Bubba and the defense (deservedly) got much of the credit for UND's success while he was DC. Then after the 2003 season, the two were finalists for the UMD job, which of course Bubba got. Now it appears Bubba may be called upon the clean up the mess left by Muss.

In hindsight UND could have just hired Bubba back in 2008.

If there had been an actual a.d. back then, and if UND had conducted a national search, I firmly believe it would have been either Tibesar or Bubba. Very little chance Muss would have gotten the job under any other circumstances than the perfect storm (for him) that actually took place.

In hindsight UND could have just hired Bubba back in 2008.

In hindsight, UND as we know it was successfully built on those same "UND guys" that you loathe. Specifically the football program.

I'd say there's a pretty good track record there, no?

What if Tibesar was an option? Same thing? He's a "good ol' boy network" kind of guy who has "buddies and schmoozers" too.

But by all means, carry on...

Bubba will put in place a good defense, which will ultimately allow this team to be more successful than any teams Mussman put together.

With that said, how can you not want DeBoer!! As head coach, he lost as many games as national champions he won!! That's really impressive on any level! Plus he knows how to beat upper competition (UND in 2009)!! This is an example of a guy who has "it" !!

In hindsight, UND as we know it was successfully built on those same "UND guys" that you loathe. Specifically the football program.

I'd say there's a pretty good track record there, no?

What if Tibesar was an option? Same thing? He's a "good ol' boy network" kind of guy who has "buddies and schmoozers" too.

But by all means, carry on...

That great track record sees 1 national championship while our competition/rival has what like 10 now,

Carry on...

Would you take Tibesar or not?

Come on Vinny, he has UND ties, Never been a Head Coach, Part of the GOB Network......He can't be any good...

P.S. Wonder where UND would be with out other GOB's and ND ties or grown?

Guys like Odegard, Roebuck, Strinden, Englestad, Starcher, Lennon, Clifford, Gasparini,O'Keefe, Blais,

Come on Vinny, he has UND ties, Never been a Head Coach, Part of the GOB Network......He can't be any good...

P.S. Wonder where UND would be with out other GOB's and ND ties or grown?

Guys like Odegard, Roebuck, Strinden, Englestad, Starcher, Lennon, Clifford, Gasparini,O'Keefe, Blais,

If some had their way, probably in the middle of the pack in the NSIC.

• Upvote 1

Would you take Tibesar or not?

D coordinator at two FBS teams, D coordinator for two Grey Cups Champions in Canada, now the Linebackers coach in the NFL.

Sounds much better than a FCS D coordinator so yes.

Sorta like Craig Bohl worked for NDSU then went FBS coordinator. Then got hired at NDSU. If UND was going to hire a D coordinator wouldn't it be more likely to get a FBS one than an FCS one?

I'm just saying most people from the outside looking in without relation to where they went to school would probably pick DeBoer over Bubba.

• Upvote 3

D coordinator at two FBS teams, D coordinator for two Grey Cups Champions in Canada, now the Linebackers coach in the NFL.

Sounds much better than a FCS D coordinator so yes.

Sorta like Craig Bohl worked for NDSU then went FBS coordinator. Then got hired at NDSU. If UND was going to hire a D coordinator wouldn't it be more likely to get a FBS one than an FCS one?

I'm just saying most people from the outside looking in without relation to where they went to school would probably pick DeBoer over Bubba.

I think that's why I'm more interested in DeBoer. I think the potential with him is higher and the excitement that comes with a younger coach is great.

I'm ok with Bubba but he doesn't give me the excitement. The positive with Bubba is he could bring in an OC who runs a higher tempo offense.

• Upvote 3