SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll: New Head Coach

bincitysioux

New HC Poll  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer gets the job?

• Bubba Schwiegert
    • Kalen DeBoer

D coordinator at two FBS teams, D coordinator for two Grey Cups Champions in Canada, now the Linebackers coach in the NFL.

Sounds much better than a FCS D coordinator so yes.

Sorta like Craig Bohl worked for NDSU then went FBS coordinator. Then got hired at NDSU. If UND was going to hire a D coordinator wouldn't it be more likely to get a FBS one than an FCS one?

I'm just saying most people from the outside looking in without relation to where they went to school would probably pick DeBoer over Bubba.

But he's a UND guy...you want fresh blood.

Can't have it both ways.

D coordinator at two FBS teams, D coordinator for two Grey Cups Champions in Canada, now the Linebackers coach in the NFL.

Sounds much better than a FCS D coordinator so yes.

Sorta like Craig Bohl worked for NDSU then went FBS coordinator. Then got hired at NDSU. If UND was going to hire a D coordinator wouldn't it be more likely to get a FBS one than an FCS one?

I'm just saying most people from the outside looking in without relation to where they went to school would probably pick DeBoer over Bubba.

Do you think Bohl comes back to FU if he wasn't unemployed at the time?

If bubba gets the job we know that in the future you will have to have previously coached at UND to get the head job.

I can't remember the last time the head coach had not previously coached at UND....1950s?

Would Bubba be Mussman 2.0?

In hindsight UND could have just hired Bubba back in 2008.

That great track record sees 1 national championship while our competition/rival has what like 10 now,

Carry on...

Where did I say I wanted fresh blood? I want the most qualified person regardless of where they are from. If that's UND so be it.

Sorry, I guess made that up out of nowhere.

It appeared you were down on "UND guys" to me....

except Tibesar.

UND's Defense in 2013: (out of 122 DI teams)

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs

#90 in Total Defense: 426.5 YPG (#1 SC St. 238 YPG)

#119t in Fumbles Recovered 4 (#1 EIU 23)

#116t in Int's 5 (#1 Sacred Heart 23)

#106 Sacks per game 1.36 (#1 SC St 4.77)

# 102 Pass Efficiency Defense 145.75 (#1 SC St 92.35)

# 53 Red Zone Defense .792 (#1 Missouri St .649)

#78 Rushing Defense 186.7 (#1 NC A&T 90.3)

#111 Tackles for loss 4.4 per game (#1 SC St 9.9)

UND's Offense in 2013 out of 122 teams

#66 Total Offense 365.1 (#1 EIU 589.5)

#117 Rushing Offense 81.0 (#1 Cal Poly 309.1)

#16 Passing Offense 284.1 (#1 SF Austin 389)

#25 3rd down conv. .438 (#1 NDSU .560)

#49 Completion % .596 (#1 Fordham .706)

#78 Penalties per game 6.91 (#1 Citadel 2.92)

#74 First Downs 220 (#1 EIU 395)

#60t Fumbles lost 10 (#1 Ark PB 2)

#108 Sacks allowed per game 3 (#1 Cent Conn St 0.42)

#121 Int's thrown 19 (#1 Citadel 3)

#14t Red Zone Offense .871 (#1 Mercer .918)

#75 Scoring Offense 23.8 (#1 EIU 48.2)

#102 T.O.P. 28:05 (#1 NDSU 34:16)

# 111t Turnovers lost 29 (#1t Liberty 11)

Whoever our new coach is...have fun fixing the embarrassment by Muss. (Bold is the only positive categories)

I think either of these two will do fine. My only problem with Deboar is that if he has some success he will leave ASAP. Bubba will have more allegiance to UND and not jump at the first opportunity to leave. If they can come here and win, with the new indoor practice facility next year, I think thaey can have success in GF, not only conference titles but compete nationally.

I think either of these two will do fine. My only problem with Deboar is that if he has some success he will leave ASAP. Bubba will have more allegiance to UND and not jump at the first opportunity to leave. If they can come here and win, with the new indoor practice facility next year, I think thaey can have success in GF, not only conference titles but compete nationally.

That could be a huge factor, what if the coach does a Dale Lennon and bolts leaving us with Muss 2.0

Deciding factor for me is the staff I feel each of these guys could put together. Also, after seeing two years of a Big Sky schedule, I've wanted a head coach who is defensive minded. Coach Schweigert fits that description. If I was a defensive player on this team I would be excited if Bubba is the guy.

I think Bubba can bring in a guy to coach the offense and continue improving there. Need to get back to a more balanced offense. Maybe Bubba even gets Lotyz back to help with the Oline.

• Upvote 1

Hasn't Bubba already bolted after having some success? Why would it be any different this time around?

Regardless, that should not be a factor. If the guy we hire is so successful that he has a chance to move up to a bigger job then UND football will be in a much better place than it is today and that's all we can ask out of our head coach.

• Upvote 1

Here's the deal. It really doesn't matter who gets the job as long as they can recruit some high level talent (the players play the game, not the coaches). Also, whoever secures the job isn't going to turn this mess around in one year but will probably need at least 3 years to get us back to a competitive level.

P.S. Everybody have a nice Christmas and "GO FIGHTING SIOUX"!

• Upvote 1

Here's the deal. It really doesn't matter who gets the job as long as they can recruit some high level talent (the players play the game, not the coaches). Also, whoever secures the job isn't going to turn this mess around in one year but will probably need at least 3 years to get us back to a competitive level.

P.S. Everybody have a nice Christmas and "GO FIGHTING SIOUX"!

Well said!!