SiouxSports.com Forum

US vs Canada - Women's Hockey

BobIwabuchiFan

I like how Canada's coach called Team USA the aggressors after he watched his team take runs at Team USA the entire third period. That was pretty goonish of the Canadian women and I'm glad Jocelyn put that gal in her rightful spot into the end boards. Should only get better between these teams. Unless Noora Raty pulls more of her crap.....

This should clear up any reason why there was a scrum at the end of the game. (Video included)

This should clear up any reason why there was a scrum at the end of the game. (Video included)

There was about four or five other reasons. Team Canada was ticked they were getting their @sses kicked, and of course when that happens in the game of hockey the officials need to control it. The head official had many opportunities to call the crap on Canada and she didn't. She just kept letting it go, and then it reaches a boiling point at the end.

There was about four or five other reasons. Team Canada was ticked they were getting their @sses kicked, and of course when that happens in the game of hockey the officials need to control it. The head official had many opportunities to call the crap on Canada and she didn't. She just kept letting it go, and then it reaches a boiling point at the end.

Yep. You could see it coming to a head in the 3rd. Refs to blame for the line brawl although that big hit by Monique may of had a little to do with it. :)
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

By all means, try to negotiate better wages and if you think boycotting will work, then I don't hate that move either. They are just trying to better their situation.

The harsh reality is, that even though you'll likely find support from columnists trying to pat themselves on the back, at the end of the day, nobody cares if they boycott or not. USA hockey is thinking it, but would never say it, because of the fake outrage backlash they'd get, but it's true. Nobody outside of the players and their parents care.

• Upvote 2

"The players say USA Hockey pays the Women's National Team $1,000 per month for six months during the Olympic centralization period, but almost nothing for the other three-and-a-half years of a four-year Olympic cycle."

I guess I missed the part where being on the US National team was a full time job and deserved full time pay and benefits.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Question: how much do other Olympic athletes get paid per month.....Womens skiing, figure skating, luge and so forth?  

How much do Men's hockey players get paid per month?

The other sports you listed are more individual and not really team sports, for example Lindsey Von is going to get paid more the someone else who is less known. 

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

The other sports you listed are more individual and not really team sports, for example Lindsey Von is going to get paid more the someone else who is less known. 

Why though, aren't the skiiers all under the same umbrella?  If she gets endorsements, fine.  But shouldn't her USA 'salary' be the same as her teammates?

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Why though, aren't the skiiers all under the same umbrella?  If she gets endorsements, fine.  But shouldn't her USA 'salary' be the same as her teammates?

As far as I know outside of the Olympics they compete individually.

Snowboarding is individual. 

They make their money of sponsorships/endorsements. When they are at the Olympics do they get paid the same I don't know.

Should team sports for men and women get paid the close to the same? Sure they should and in some cases like the soccer teams, the women's should get paid more.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Schloss is all in for the Women again on twitter.  Tweeting and re-tweeting about it.  What a crusader!  

Ever since Trump went against the reporters Schloss has been a total lib.

Women do get the short end of the stick in monetary terms but honestly....no too many folks show up to these games.  I brought my son to a Whitecaps game (I believe that was their name) and there was no one there.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"The players say USA Hockey pays the Women's National Team $1,000 per month for six months during the Olympic centralization period, but almost nothing for the other three-and-a-half years of a four-year Olympic cycle."

I guess I missed the part where being on the US National team was a full time job and deserved full time pay and benefits.  

The players have to train those other months....to be good enough to make the team.  That's on them right?  

50 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I have a simple question- Who makes more, men or women?

* I should have re-phrased this to ask: Who pulls in more revenue, men or women?

I am going to bump this because I edited it. If men create more revenue they should probably earn more, simple economics really.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The players have to train those other months....to be good enough to make the team.  That's on them right?  

They want to be paid to train for one event a year and one Olympics every four years.  The Men have the NHL so they don't care about training for the Olympics or Worlds, they just show up in shape already.

That is the difference.  The women act like this is their full time job and it's really not, but since they have nothing else to do (other than the NWHL, which is in trouble) they seem to want to get paid for staying in shape.  

Playing for your national team once a year is not a full-time job, sorry Lammy's.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1