SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Northern Michigan - Saturday

AZSIOUX

I'm usually pretty lenient on Hammer...I don't give him a pass on everything, but it's challenging to be witty, insightful, and describe a fast-paced play on the fly.

But, dang, "Circle of Sticks" is just absurdly funny and ridiculously embarrassing. :lol:

You're right, Hammer has done fairly well on the play-by-play, even cut back on the "one-timers." And the funny, idiotic things he says could make the guy a bit of a cult figure if he can last.

didn't get to see the game but after watching the highlights i hope LaDue got his due for the nifty play on the wall that led to the first goal.

That was a good play. Unfortunately, he played the first period like a true freshman with a couple of really bad plays. However, he had a lot of help from the rest of the team making bonehead plays or simply not making plays for the first two periods of this game. I was so frustrated with this game that I am going to wait until later Sunday to post any further observations, if at all.

Thought there were at least 3 obvious calls down the stretch that the refs didn't call on Northern Michigan, including a couple interference calls that looked like no-brainers.

At least, plus the double two hander on Stecher (or was it Ladue?) when he pinched in, kept the puck in the zone, then took two big whacks while Parks, and Ausmus tied the game. (Edit: it was Stecher, but he took three big whacks, before the Cagiulla goal, not the first goal)

Haks in-game adjustments :ohmy: Noting that NMU was clearing their dzone by ringing the puck around the boards, so they pinched the dman on that side throughout the third, creating lots of ozone time for the Sioux. In-game adjustments? Nah, can't be.

Have watched a lot of hockey at the REA but don't know if I have seen as dirty of a player as #9 in green this weekend.

Was waiting for Pattyn to bust him up!

Been so long since anyone has dropped the gloves, what is the rule? Would the general serve his one game suspension at British Columbia or not until the CC weekend?

It was nice to see the Sioux continuing the attack after getting the lead, rather than dropping back into defensive mode.

Been so long since anyone has dropped the gloves, what is the rule? Would the general serve his one game suspension at British Columbia or not until the CC weekend?

It was nice to see the Sioux continuing the attack after getting the lead, rather than dropping back into defensive mode.

The last UND hockey players to get into a fight was Lammy I believe.

For first two and a half periods you couldn't even tell the Sioux were behind why wait till 8 minutes left to play? I thought they were very lucky in coming up with the w. Friday you could see they couldn't skate with us and sat. We played into their game. The head coach is responsible for having them prepared and making adj on the fly and that is my biggest problem with Hak is this team looks completely disinterested in playing 3/4 of the time then having to crank it up at the end. In my opinion in games like sat. Night you have to just let the boys go and get after it, not just stick wth the game plan. The D clears the zone and the forwards pressure all three zones not grind it on the wall plat into the wildcats game. Hakstol has lots of talent but you can't see it in his structured. System( see Tambellini )

When was the last time Hak rolled three lines cause we has too many passengers, nope we roll four and hope we grind them down and his matching top line against top line all the time wtf, no points for being macho. Let's try and match lines at home to get favorable match ups since we get the last change. Me and my brother in law were talking about the 97 teams shut down line of Henderson-Ulmer-Calder and how they didn't need to score just shut down the opposing top line.

When was the last time Hak rolled three lines cause we has too many passengers, nope we roll four and hope we grind them down and his matching top line against top line all the time wtf, no points for being macho. Let's try and match lines at home to get favorable match ups since we get the last change. Me and my brother in law were talking about the 97 teams shut down line of Henderson-Ulmer-Calder and how they didn't need to score just shut down the opposing top line.

Um... we've been putting the Pattyn line against the opponents top line?