SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DULUTH - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Wow Rodwell good timing from the senior again

This is exactly why goaltending should not be the topic of conversation. There are greater deficiencies right now. But, when you need to limit your GA to 2 or less to win it's easy to criticize the mistakes by the net minders.

I just can't believe this team. We are average at best right now and we have no cohesion. Players taking shifts off, taking bad penalties just not getting much offense from our forwards. This team just has so many issues right now and it's frustrating to watch and I am sure frustrating for them and the coaches. It just don't think this year we will have that second half surge. The freshman class has not produced like I thought they would. I hope I am wrong and they turn things around.

Some quick thoughts:

~Goaltending has to be better. Make the saves you're supposed to make, thats all you really want from that position.

~Mark has got to be hurt. Need him to take a weekend off, because he isn't the same player.

~Didn't see a lot of fire tonight. Duluth deserved to win. Looked hungrier.

~Stupid penalties......Rodwell was rolling out there, but needs to play more intelligently if he's in the lineup.

~Need to figure out some chemistry offensively as many have said. Need more riding time in the other end.

If UND scores on the long 5-3 pp its a different game and they may win. But Duluth got the mo back there and it was over.

Some quick thoughts:

~Goaltending has to be better. Make the saves you're supposed to make, thats all you really want from that position.

~Mark has got to be hurt. Need him to take a weekend off, because he isn't the same player.

~Stupid penalties......Rodwell was rolling out there, but needs to play more intelligently if he's in the lineup.

~Need to figure out some chemistry offensively as many have said. Need more riding time in the other end.

If UND scores on the long 5-3 pp its a different game and they may win. But Duluth got the mo back there and it was over.

Mark could also still be suffering from/recovering from the flu. Since we haven't heard any injury reports on him.

Some quick thoughts:

Goaltending is Jekyll and Hyde someone needs to take the job and run with it.

Defense last night was solid cleared the rebounds and took away passes. Tonight it was the complete opposite.

Something needs to be done about the stupid penalties.

Unless Hrynkiw is just not even close to the same level as the other two I wouldn't mind seeing him get a start. I trust the coaching staff on this one. They've seen him every day in practice, and saw him play a number of games last season. I love Tate Maris to death, but no way was he near the other two last year.