SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Someone needs to get Rocco a girl friend (if he doesn't have one) or do something to change his luck

He just cannot finish. I think he needs to stop being so hard on himself. Just go out there, play, have fun with your teammates and things will work out much better. Of course, being trapped in Hak's "business-like, structured system" doesn't help either. :glare:

I wish they would quit talking how this hockey is a business.... just go out and have fun...lots of business goes in in the nhl...

just lighten up and have fun...

look at the gaypher football program...

College hockey should not be run like the NHL....or the AHL.......or even the ECHL. Most of these guys will never make it past the ECHL. They are here to get an education and play hockey while doing it. Keep the game and practices fun and expect good grades and good behavior in return. That would suit this team much better than the "structured, business-like" approach Hakstol has put in place.

• Upvote 1

College hockey should not be run like the NHL....or the AHL.......or even the ECHL. Most of these guys will never make it past the ECHL. They are here to get an education and play hockey while doing it. Keep the game and practices fun and expect good grades and good behavior in return. That would suit this team much better than the "structured, business-like" approach Hakstol has put in place.

Agreed 100%.
  • Upvote 1

Wait a second, so the guy who calls for the coach to be fired for not bringing a national championship to the school wants him to lighten up and drop the business-like approach? Good grades, check. Good behavior, mostly a check. He's graduating his kids and if you've ever met any of them they're having fun. You seem to be contradicting yourself with your posts. By the standards you just posted he's doing a great job.

• Upvote 1

Wait a second, so the guy who calls for the coach to be fired for not bringing a national championship to the school wants him to lighten up and drop the business-like approach? Good grades, check. Good behavior, mostly a check. He's graduating his kids and if you've ever met any of them they're having fun. You seem to be contradicting yourself with your posts. By the standards you just posted he's doing a great job.

I was going to say the exact same thing!

Fire Muss, duck and bunny lemmings blindly supporting Hakstol, unacceptable to not win an NCAA title by now, greatest facility in the world, fans deserve better, I won't sit back and watch academics and athletics suffer at "my alma mater"...now it's hey, lighten up and have some fun, it's only a game?

• Upvote 1

Fire Muss, duck and bunny lemmings blindly supporting Hakstol, unacceptable to not win an NCAA title by now, greatest facility in the world, fans deserve better, I won't sit back and watch academics and athletics suffer at "my alma mater"...now it's hey, lighten up and have some fun, it's only a game?

Agreed!

Call me crazy, but I'm going to guess all those boys find winning fun.

Suggesting they're not having fun is just crazy talk.

It's nice that you guys are enjoying yourselves on here. It's funny, but if that floats your boat, who am I to judge? :silly:

First, I have never said that Hak should be fired. I have however, criticized him when I felt it is warranted. For example, I don't think treating college-age hockey players like the paid professionals at the next level necessarily gets the most out of them. A high-tempo game emphasizing team speed and skill coupled with a team-wide dedication to playing stingy defense to support your netminder (sounds like a certain Hockey East team we have trouble with in the NCAA tournament, doesn't it?) would (IMHO) work better than this dump and chase, cycle-cycle-cycle game that Hakstol stubbornly sticks will no matter what. And if some people on here don't like to see that posted here, then so be it.

Second, my criticism of Hakstol's "business-like" approach is based on the idea that if your team plays too tight and is not loose enough, they will be too afraid to commit errors on the ice and then won't use their creativity and skills to make things happen (i.e., we better not crash the net because we might *gasp* give up some shots on goal on the other end). That was evident on Saturday night in Omaha and it was evident last weekend at home vs. St. Cloud. And it's been pointed out by other posters on this forum over the years (the ones that don't mind being bashed for it, that is). How that translates into me wanting Hak fired is puzzling.

Third of all, I am far from the only poster to be calling for Mussman to be fired and for Hakstol to make in-game strategic adjustments to improve our chances of winning. And yes, UND is my alma mater and I am proud of it. And, as an alumnus, a Champions Club member and a season ticketholder to football and hockey, I will continue to speak out when I believe it is necessary. And again, if that rubs some of you the wrong way, too bad. :glare:

I'm currently arguing with a BU fan about why we'd take a bus to Omaha when we make soooooo much money in ticket profits and can afford to fly.

Yes. Because BU fans know so much about 7 hour road trips like this one.

When they can walk to some of their road games, they shouldn't judge how we travel.

When they can walk to some of their road games, they shouldn't judge how we travel.

Exactly what I said, that they have no clue about how travel is "out west."

He claims with our 3 million plus in ticket profits last year that we should fly everywhere apparently. Apparently not flying to Omaha was doing our student athlete's a "disservice."

• Upvote 1