SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Quite often on his Twitter account actually. I find him a very good follow for his comments on college sports in the region.

While I only follow him occasionally, it seems when he does comment, they seem made more to rile up one fan base or another. Or maybe I just happen to catch his comments at the wrong time?

That guy has a massive buyout if NU wants to get rid of him.

I don't foresee that being much of a deterrent to firing him. There will be alums with deep pockets who will pony up to get rid of him. Even the ABC/ESPN guys are saying how he's said and done all the wrong things.

He's gone. Barney Cotton should get a call from Faison within 24 hours of Pelini getting let go.

He meets pretty much every criteria from the job announcement, AND Faison knows him from their days at New Mexico St. At 57, I don't know how much longer he plans to coach, but I agree he'll likely be getting a call from Faison if he hasn't already.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Barney_Cotton

I'd say today's debacle on senior day in Lincoln may be the last straw for Pelini at Nebraska. I still feel like the Nebraska situation could impact a lot of things regarding the coaching situations at UND and NDSU.

Studio guys on CBS were talking about possible replacements for him and no bald-headed coaches living in Fargo were mentioned.

Studio guys on CBS were talking about possible replacements for him and no bald-headed coaches living in Fargo were mentioned.

Bohl would probably give them the most bang for the buck. Pelini was making a little under $3 million/year. They could get Bohl for far less with similar or better results. But whether his past there precludes his consideration is the question?

EDIT: Upon further review, the playing careers of Bohl and Cotton at Nebraska actually overlapped for a couple of years. In the event Bohl were to be hired, I suppose there's a decent chance Cotton might be retained?

He's also done the only real reporting on a potential candidate for our open head coach position.

He was the first to put out the list but the Herald has been requesting the list as well. Tweets from Tom Miller indicated that Marshall's application hadn't been submitted when they had got their list the day before McFeely put his out. Wayne Nelson just put out an article from the Herald as with a few additional names on it and some additional commentary. A couple of the interesting new names include:

-Michael Kelly, former head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL.

-Robert Ianello, wide receivers coach/recruiting coordinator at University of Kansas of the Big 12. He was also the interim head coach at Notre Dame in 2009.

You would think the Herald would have put the list out by now or at least before a fargo radio station. You'd think the Herald would be smart enough to think people would be very interested in who applied as soon as they applied. Now it just looks like the Herald just copied the names from the KFGO site.